Hunter4Life09

Trigger Replacement

I'm looking to replace my trigger in my Remington 700 7mm. What is everyone's opinion on aftermarket triggers such as timney, rifle basix, jewell, etc. Is it all personal opinion or are there some flaws with any of them.

I love my timneys. I've never understood the reasoning behind a expensive jewel, unless the desired trigger pull is a pound or less.

Timmeys are awesome! I always just order direct from them and have them set at 2lbs. To me that's perfect! Being an AZ company and Christian owned is a plus for me too.

• Like 3

Does anyone have a flat timney instead of the curved?

Addicted does. I installed it for him last year.

I have 2 timneys for sale (switched them out for jewels last week) if your interested. $75 ea.

( Both triggers sold)

I don't have a flat Timney, but I do have a flat trigger CMC on my AR. It is fine, I just got it because it was on sale. Not really much difference except for the feel on your finger.

All my rifles wear Huber Concepts triggers (I prefer their two-stage model). They are pricey, but I feel they are the best on the market. One of them has over two thousand documented 'pulls' still works like a champ. Sent it back to Huber Concepts for a "look over". They pulled it apart and found very little wear at all. They have never malfunctioned on me - and I spend a lot of time in the dirt.

I have a Timney for a Rem 700 I need to dig up and sell cheap, just sitting in my extra parts. I have a Timney on my Mauser and its awesome.