firstcoueswas80

what does your trophy room contain?

Dang Darren!!! that thing is nice!!!!!! i mean the computer screen that has, of course, the CWT.com homepage up! ya got some horns there for sure! lets go find some more this weekend! you can keep em all, i just wanna take the dog out and do some hiking! maybe we can shoot the bows in the woods, thatd be fun!

I'd have to go take a picture of my buddies shop to adequately portray my trophy collection at this point in time! :lol: :lol: :lol: :ph34r: Now I will never get my stuff back! :( :P

I have 8 critters in the Taxi right now......but here is what one of my rooms looks like now.

room1.jpg

room.jpg

Jim, this Taxi's SN on here wouldnt start with a G and end with a T would it? lol.

Scott, i would have commented on the lighting, it is superb!

Nice computer screen DDS! :) And looks like you have some of Mike Fabritz's prints too! Nice!

Great thread guys. I like that triple pedestal of yours Scottyboy. Way cool. I got to do some radio telemetry work on a chamois project in Switzerland once. Neat animals. Really cool mount of that monkey too. I sure thought you would have a lot more given all your trophy photos, but I guess they are in the garage! Bummer!

And those are great wall colors to highlight your trophies Coosefan!

I also love the european mounts you guys have Elkhunter and Bowhunter4life. I think I am going to keep my Mexico bucks that way.

Amanda

Jim, love the bear..

also like the color of the walls in the house.. really helps bring out the animals.. looks really good!

I'm starting to sound like Martha Stewart!!

Thanks Marth....uh....Scottyboy ;) I just remembered, those pic's were taken before I put up my Moose rack.....it is mounted just under my Elk skull and each antler fills up those windows on the sides......looks pretty cool. I can't wait to get some of my Couesies back though..... I do have a bunch of duck mounts and a room full of Euro's that the little woman won't let me display in the living room also, but as long as everything else can stay, it's alright ;)

I wouldn't call it a "trophy room" by any means, but here is where I kick my feet up in the evenings and call it a place to sleep!! Here are a few of the mounts hanging in my pad.. also have the zebra rug on the living room floor, but everyone knows what a zebra skin looks like, so I figured no pic on that one..

I have a ton of euros that don't get displayed.. they live in boxes in the garage... the wife says the euros are too creepy looking to be put in the house!!

Glad you got the photo thing figured out Bowhunter.. you've put up alot of good pics!!

What "lives" in my computer room..

kinda a mixture wall, pigs, muley, WT, etc...

DSC01769.jpg

a Blackbuck and Gemsbok. These are the only euros allowed in the house!!

DSC01763.jpg

A steinbok and a vervet monkey..

DSC01767.jpg

the wife's BB,and a Blesbok..

DSC01771.jpg

and the living room and den areas..

DSC01775.jpg

DSC01778.jpg

DSC01781.jpg

DSC01779.jpg

DSC01777.jpg

and here are a bunch of masks I have collected from various indegious people all over the place.. South Africa, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, Aussie, etc..

DSC01766.jpg

I also have a few bird mounts... a pair of Gambels, Scalies and Mearns, a Chukar, and a pheasant rooster, but Ya'll know what those all look like!!

thanks for lookin!!

Let's see some more of ya'lls!!

Scott - better take a picture of the floor. nice and picked up. before you know it, it is going to look like a tornado ran through toys r us. i just had to walk around some train pieces, a trike, plastic easter eggs, miniature baby stroller, etc, just to get into the room where my computer is.

better hope you dont have a little girl to explain the blue coloration on that monkey to.

was your gemsbok a cow or a bull. from what I have learned so far the bulls are shiny black so I would guess that one is a cow. maybe I can come over sometime and check it out? how long are the horns?

finally, those nelgai sure are funky looking animals. sure are tough from what I hear. just kind of weird to have such a big animal have such short horns.

anyway - thanks for sharing. Chris.

ahh, the old Corsican mounts!! Any exotic hunter worth his weight in salt has a couple of these hanging around somewhere!! I love em!

I gotta post you a pic of me when I was 16.. My first big game kill with a bow.. I was WT hunting and had a couple of big Corsican rams come in.. I smoked the bigger of the 2!! I was excited to say the least!!

Scott - better take a picture of the floor. nice and picked up. before you know it, it is going to look like a tornado ran through toys r us. i just had to walk around some train pieces, a trike, plastic easter eggs, miniature baby stroller, etc, just to get into the room where my computer is.

better hope you dont have a little girl to explain the blue coloration on that monkey to.

was your gemsbok a cow or a bull. from what I have learned so far the bulls are shiny black so I would guess that one is a cow. maybe I can come over sometime and check it out? how long are the horns?

finally, those nelgai sure are funky looking animals. sure are tough from what I hear. just kind of weird to have such a big animal have such short horns.

anyway - thanks for sharing. Chris.

yep.. she's a girl!! We're naming her Sydney Lee.. I am trying to mentally prepare myself for the whilrwind that I know is steadily aproaching my household!! She is due Aug 6th! We are actually having the baby shower back in TX at the end of the month... a HUGE sign that its coming!!

As luck would have it, the shower was scheduled to be held this time of year.. baby shower for the girls, turkey hunting for me and my old man.. everyone wins!! :lol: :lol:

Not too far off now, I'll be 'splaining what those "easter eggs" are doing on the monkey!!

the gemsbok skull was a cow that I found in SA and brought home as a keepsake.. leopard kill. Gemsbok is high on the menu for next year back in Africa.. Oh yeah, come on over any time you'd like!! The doors always open!

and I'd rather hunt nilgai than ALOT of other animals.. tons of fun, wily as all get out, and taste awesome with lots 'o meat !!

I have a pig mount also, but while trying to hang the elk, I managed to knock the pig off of the wall and knock out his bottom teeth. This is my elk from 2005. I hope to have a pedistal mount for my next one. David

IMG_9345.jpg

IMG_9344.jpg

You all have seen most of these mounts on different threads but this how they are arranged in our trophy room. I designed our living room for the purpose of being a home for our mounts..... I should have made it bigger, but we still have some room. :D

post-996-1176184420_thumb.jpg

post-996-1176184526_thumb.jpg

post-996-1176184674_thumb.jpg

post-996-1176184941_thumb.jpg