firstcoueswas80

what does your trophy room contain?

Hey, Hooked on Coues. That half body goat is really cool. I've never seen one done like that..... I like it.

Great topic Casey! Killer stuff guys!! When I get a few pics I'll add what little I have.

Couldn't get any pictures taken lately because I have been busy. But here are some pics of the trophy room in the making.

This is a pic of some of the better coues sheds I have in my growing collection. Nothing like most of your guys's but its a start.

P4160148.jpg

This is a pic of a portioin of my elk sheds. And my only set up in the front. I didnt think they were a match at first but when I found them 4 years ago they were brown and 10 feet away from each other and the g1's have a neat twist to them.

P4160149.jpg

This is the main wall. It has all the pics of our big game animals and dog trial placements.

P4160150.jpg

My dad's deer from this year

P4160152.jpg

My deer from this year

P4160153.jpg

This is a picture of a Minnisota pheasant my dad got a while ago and a picture of my dad and his first hunting dog.

P4160154.jpg

Here is a closeup of my dads deceased pup. He was the best dog I have had the fortune to hunt over.

P4160156.jpg

Here is my dads bobcat that he shot from out porch when we lived in Queen Creek on acerage.

P4160158.jpg

The front view

P4160159.jpg

Hope everybody likes these we are proud of our wall so far and it is a work in progress. Hopefully will have 2 elk and 2 more deer up there after this year :D

Oh, dang!!!! That is a Dandy Buck, wklman!!!! That kind of buck goes well on any wall...... alone or in a crowd!! Sweet!

post-505-1176783570_thumb.jpgthis one is in my garage. i need to get it redone with a new cape. at the time it was the 2nd buck i had taken and is still my favorite.

post-505-1176783054_thumb.jpghere's a pic of my '04 buck

THAT is a BEAUTIFUL BUCK!!!!!! The mount looks exceptional as well!!!! AWESOME! JIM>

post-505-1176783054_thumb.jpghere's a pic of my '04 buck

Great looking buck love the little cheater point is it on both sides?

yeah its got a cheater on each side. i think they're cool as heck.it gives the buck a little character.

My wife and I have quite a collection going, but we haven't figured how to get them to stay on the wall yet! ;)

Lance

To get those to stay on the wall just long enough to snap a pic. I would use a good staple gun and some duct tape. But you better be quick, and get it done before mom gets home. LOL..

The first batch of pix are older ones of my original trophy room. It's a bit rearranged now but pretty much has the same critters. The second batch below the ***s is a new addition I added on to my family room last year to house my African/NZ critters. Still have a tahr, chamois and life-size wallaby at the taxidermist. -TONY

Old trophy room:

I originally built this one as an indoor spa room and then did all the remodeling work, including building the cabinets and end tables, which are made from 50-yr. old recycled pine paneling from a downtown Phoenix landmark that was razed when Chase Field was built. The chest in a later photo is also something I built.

This is through the entry from the living room, which once was a 6'-wide sliding door. AZ blackbear rug on the wall with my grandfather's Parker Bros. 10 ga.

TrophyR2.jpg

Coyote has a Gambel's quail in it's mouth. There are bear skulls, blackbuck horns, a couple small whitetail racks and Mexico Coues deer rack scattered about. The turkey is an eastern from MO, but I didn't do anything with the Merriam's, Rio Grande, Osceola or Gould's that I also killed over the years. On the wall with the tom are a pair of Mearns quail, chukar and flying ringneck.

TrophyR0.jpg

Photo from the entry toward the left. BC blackbear hides hanging in the corner and covering the armchair in lower left corner. A mountain lion hide drapes the chest and a blackbuck hide covers the end table. That's a Russian boar in the upper left next to my best mulie buck, which is hung next to a mulie doe. Antlers on the lamp shade are an SCI book blacktail buck (CA) that wasn't officially entered because I don't do record books.

TrophyR6.jpg

Photo from the entry to the right. 5X6 elk antlers in corner and horns from a Santa Cruz Island Merino ram on the table atop a hairless deer hide. Fish over bear is a 14# brown trout, Alaskan pike upper right is 23 lbs. That's a bobcat rug on the wall and just the very bottom of a BC mountain caribou showing.

TrophyR9.jpg

Photo of wall over the entry. NWT central barren ground 'bou to the left and an AK barren ground in the middle. Lower left are my first Coues deer, a javelina and 3.5# grayling from a river that runs into Great Bear Lake, NWT. Whitetail is from MO, mulie is my first mule deer buck, killed in 1961.

TrophyR7.jpg

BC 60" moose and the nose of a 34# lake trout from the Yukon to the right. The two exotic sheep behind the moose are a Corsican and a black Hawaiian. The antlers below the moose are a small 4x4 mulie.

TrophyR11.jpg

Two AZ 'lopes and a TX whitetail.

TrophyR4.jpg

North Kaibab buck and his mate. Little Coues buck on plaque.

TrophyR5.jpg

Coues deer on left, my first AZ 'lope (1963)in the middle and a Montana 'lope on the right.

TrophyR10.jpg

BC bear, which is now in the new room. African Skulls/horns scattered about are mounted now and hang in the new room, as well.

bearmt3opt.jpg

This is the new 14'x32' addition to the old family room to the left. The big archway was originally the rear wall of the house.

familyroom1.jpg

L to R: Nyala, warthog, black wildebeest, blesbuck, kudu, red stag, gemsbok, impala and blue wildebeest out of the frame to the right.

familyroom2.jpg

springbok, bushbuck

familyroom3.jpg