Tunachaser

Antelope Taxidermy Advice

Its getting close to the time where I need to decide how I want my 2014 Archery Antelope to look like for forever (we pretty much get one chance at making an animal look like we want it). I know I want a wall pedestal possibly on a stick or cliffrose or grass or something with the head turned a good amount but my buck definitely looks the best from looking straight on. I still have a lot of time to decide since Marc Plunkett has my goat but I'm still very excited and I want to find the perfect mount.

Has anyone on here had a goat mounted by Plunkett? Or does anyone have a goat mount that sounds semi-similar to what I am talking about? Pictures would be sweet! Thank you very much!

Oh, also, what are peoples thoughts on mounting my buck with his ear tag? I'm going to do it no matter what but I wanted to hear thoughts on that. Haha

post-11719-0-51445700-1423761009_thumb.jpg

You're in good hands with Marc. Here's an antelope he did for me but it's no pronghorn. For a few extra bucks you can get creative with your pedestal mount. I brought the spears and shield back with me and had the wood base custom built as well as a custom metal structure behind everything. I brought it all to Marc and basically just asked him to make it work with a general idea of what I wanted. He turned it into a piece of art.

post-9154-0-05748900-1423762868_thumb.jpg

post-9154-0-22581400-1423762884_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Man I never get tired of looking at pics of your goat. I am going to do something similar with mine, but I want more turn, like BC's above. To show off that 18-1/2" right horn.

I may try to slip in the sheds we found while scouting.

Marc has done numerous mounts for me. life size & pedestals. all quality work! and heck yes...leave the tag!

He shot it in a sheep pen.

Goat Pen!!! Haha Game and fish did a migration survey in my unit in 2011. I think they tagged like 20-30 of them. He isn't a transplant or anything weird. Just was in the wrong place at the wrong time a few years ago, and G&F shot him with a net gun and gave him some jewelry. His tracker fell off a few years ago.

Bowhnt, do you have any pictures of Marc's mounts for you? He also has my bear. After 10 years of spot and stalk bear hunting, in 2013, I finally killed my first Bear and he's a monster. It was an awesome hunt but they are way too cool of animals to kill a bunch of. I'll never shoot another probably in Arizona so I decided to Life-size him. He should be done this fall!!

post-11719-0-77027100-1423770315_thumb.jpg

post-11719-0-18514800-1423770337_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Its getting close to the time where I need to decide how I want my 2014 Archery Antelope to look like for forever (we pretty much get one chance at making an animal look like we want it). I know I want a wall pedestal possibly on a stick or cliffrose or grass or something with the head turned a good amount but my buck definitely looks the best from looking straight on. I still have a lot of time to decide since Marc Plunkett has my goat but I'm still very excited and I want to find the perfect mount.

Has anyone on here had a goat mounted by Plunkett? Or does anyone have a goat mount that sounds semi-similar to what I am talking about? Pictures would be sweet! Thank you very much!

Oh, also, what are peoples thoughts on mounting my buck with his ear tag? I'm going to do it no matter what but I wanted to hear thoughts on that. Haha

You live in Flag there are some great guys here that could mount your buck. Was this a Diy hunt, or did you hire a outfitter? Your buck is very beautiful he will look great on the wall. If you don't mind me asking what did he score?