capoeirajosh

Problem with neighbor's dog

open up their gate and night and simply let the dog run away. no blood on your hands, can't prove you did anything.

The only problem I see with birdshot is if you don't kill the dog you may end up getting sued for Vet Bills.

Definitely agree. May be an interesting discussion, home protection firearm details and why. My point was there are better options than a pistol. Anyway, I hope Josh, me or anyone I know, ever have to euthanize a dog in defense with a gun, period.

Animal control sounds like another good idea.

Hopefully the hill just gets shoveled soon and he can stay cool with his neighbor.

open up their gate and night and simply let the dog run away. no blood on your hands, can't prove you did anything.

Just saying on the blood on the hands part, dog could needlessly hurt someone or something else.
  • Like 2

Similar situation at my house except my neighbor removed the pile of crap that the dog was using to try to get over the wall, now he can only get his snout over and he doesn't do it as much.

post-3844-0-25376100-1423842819_thumb.jpg

It's been my experience over the years that talking directly to the dog owner is not always a good solution. I did that with my current problem with the neighbors. I asked her nicely if she could do something about the dogs. All they did was give me bad attitude. Big mistake on their part. 5 minutes later I was on the phone to their landlord, and animal control. The landlord paid them a visit the next day. They received a letter from animal control 3 days later. Which is the first step in the process.

The situation has gotten better, but these people still like to do things to provoke me. But I hope they understand that paybacks are a bitch.

Just one of many dog situations I have had to deal with over the years. Some were not as tame.

• Like 2

I'm with some of the others and say go help the guy remove the hill. No matter how rotten the neighbor is, chances are a confrontation or agitation in this situation is not going to help. I'd try the olive branch before the magnum, but certainly each has its place. Good Luck, I hope this gets resolved soon!

I would just let the landlord know that you are going to own him when that dog gets over and does anything as much taking a doodie! anything else you do will just get you in trouble and owing the dogs owners.I had an uncle who killed a dog that was attacking his goats and killed one ,on his property and guess who got sued and had to pay. we live in a backwards world.im getting a "PAWS UP "COLLAR ON MY DOG!

• Like 2

Well, it seems to me the root problem is the owner of the dog. Poisoning, crippling, or killing the dog is the same mentality that blames the gun for the crime. I wouldn't give the guy one more day to solve the problem, even if I had to go over the fence and remove the hill myself. Waiting only increases the likelihood of a serious dog fight.

That is a great analogy. The best solution for society would be to sterilize the dog and the owners. Then give the dog to someone who will handle it responsibly.

• Like 1

I would just let the landlord know that you are going to own him when that dog gets over and does anything as much taking a doodie! anything else you do will just get you in trouble and owing the dogs owners.I had an uncle who killed a dog that was attacking his goats and killed one ,on his property and guess who got sued and had to pay. we live in a backwards world.im getting a "PAWS UP "COLLAR ON MY DOG!

See that is where you need to know the laws of your state. Here any animal killing "livestock" is fair game and can be killed by the livestock owner or manager of the land if caught in the act. As an ACO I was authorized to kill any animal attacking livestock or aggressive that we could not catch in my jurisdiction. Poisoning, bear spray, paint balls, whacking with a bat, etc. could bring animal cruelty charges against you. The electric fence will not bring charges against you as they are not "deadly" and only bring temporary discomfort to the dog, nobody can say you are antagonizing the dog. Think of having the police show up at your door with a complaint against you for hurting the neighbors"poor little fluffy". Also if you have any other renters move in you have solved any future conflicts.

Guest 300ultramag.

i had a hound dog that was incredible... he could jump a fence with a 45 lb weight tethered to his collar.. he managed to get out one day, killed a cat then jumped another fence with the weight in tow mounted my neighbors dalmation (who was PHX PD) jumped back over the fence and got picked up by animal control running down the street dragging the weight....funniest, wildest dog I have ever seen.. he was a born kitty chaser... wish I had him now