Sign in to follow this  
Zeke-BE

Caught with FMJ's

I am heading down south for a coyote hunt. I've hunted down there many years. Since Arizona now lets you use more than five rounds, so out of curiosity, can you stuff a magazine with FMJ and leave the first 5 rounds with varmint hunting rounds? The rest are more of a quick get away, for example let's say you hiked in and by chance you just stumbled across drug smuggles and one has an AK and decides to take a shot. By extinct I'm sure I would hit the deck, and maybe get a shot off in his direction, and he rest of my magazine would be running away suppressive shooting shots as we get away. Obviously both sides of the parties will probably be running away from the situation. And I'm more then likely to die in a car wreck getting there then that happening. But my guess everyone and game and fish will say just load it up with the hunting rounds and you won't have a problem! The more and more I'm typing this up the more silly it sounds. Well! I've wrote this much down I might as well post it. :)

Just FYI I'm not hunting with FMJ's i don't know if it is a legal to have them on hand while hunting. I've target practice during he middle of the day during lunch time before. But never to hunt. I kill humanely.

I'd say you would get cited. No diff than havin lead shot when ur duck hunting just in case u jump some quail. Your supposed to be hunting coyotes not smugglers. Don't forget to cover your head with foil in case aliens try to steal your thoughts. Jk

• Like 3

I carry fmj's in a mag and hunting rounds down south just in case the bad guys arrive in an armored VW or take up cover behind a mesquite.

• Like 1

69 SMKs work for all kinds of targets. Rabbits, coyotes, lions, javelina, deer, steel, and if the occasion would ever arise, self defense. Carry what your gun shoots well. FMJs have never proven to be the most accurate round in my guns. If my life depends on it, I want to know my bullets will go where I aim them.

• Like 2

No point to shooting fmj bullets at bad guys unless you're bound by international treaties. If the military could use hunting bullets, they would. So load up the mag full with whatever you hunt with and you will be ready for totes and bad guys.

• Like 1