Sign in to follow this  
CaptainObvious

Cabelas

Classic.

Bass Pro has the worst prices though...by far.

Went to pick up some reloder 15 there on Friday and saw that it was $35/lb. Walked out the door. Driving home decided to stop into Sportmans and see if they had some. They had about 5 jugs. $27.95.

• Like 3

Classic.

Bass Pro has the worst prices though...by far.

Went to pick up some reloder 15 there on Friday and saw that it was $35/lb. Walked out the door. Driving home decided to stop into Sportmans and see if they had some. They had about 5 jugs. $27.95.

Very true. I shop there for convenience (right by my office), rarely if every price.

What gets me is thier Bargin Cave, sometimes you can find really good deals but i noticed that on a lot of items the retail price will be marked up higher than the store price , and it's really not a great deal. Lol

• Like 1

Funny - and sad. I was a long time cabela's customer. Bought pretty much everything from them - archery, black powder, everything fishing, boots, fly tying, reloading - the list keeps going. They used to have the best selection, best prices and best customer service in the industry. These days, they seem to always charge at least MSRP, sometimes more as your picture proves, outrageous shipping costs. These days, the only things I'll buy there are things that you can't get anywhere else. Their boots, tents, cots are still very high quality, but there are a lot more options out there these days that just keep me throwing all those catalogs in the can before they ever reach the house.

• Like 3

What gets me is thier Bargin Cave, sometimes you can find really good deals but i noticed that on a lot of items the retail price will be marked up higher than the store price , and it's really not a great deal. Lol

Its that way at the gun counter, too. They'll have a used gun with a price tag more than the counter 20 yards away brand new. :blink:

• Like 1

Thats true, but i do have to say..once in awhile you really happen upon a good deal.

like recently for me, my cabelas had a brand new used 1 time 12x20 Alaknak tent in our bargain cave for $649.99

I chatted with the store employee for a little bit about it and he said he would knock 25% off that price.

of course i snagged it.....got it home set it up and my my, it was brand new though missing a few stakes, no problem though they are cheap enough.

Funny - and sad. I was a long time cabela's customer. Bought pretty much everything from them - archery, black powder, everything fishing, boots, fly tying, reloading - the list keeps going. They used to have the best selection, best prices and best customer service in the industry. These days, they seem to always charge at least MSRP, sometimes more as your picture proves, outrageous shipping costs. These days, the only things I'll buy there are things that you can't get anywhere else. Their boots, tents, cots are still very high quality, but there are a lot more options out there these days that just keep me throwing all those catalogs in the can before they ever reach the house.

Agree with Coach,

also most of the stuff is made in china, i bought a blind years ago used it 1 hunting trip, the zippers broke and the material broke, returned it and bought a rhino labs evolution xp1 made in the usa and is like night and day, i don't buy anything from cabelas anymore.

Cant wait for the sportsman warehouse to open here in show low.Tired of paying shipping charges on everything I order.

• Like 2

Its that way at the gun counter, too. They'll have a used gun with a price tag more than the counter 20 yards away brand new. :blink:

Lol..they also don't know anything about any of the guns they are selling. My buddy was buying a shotgun and he asked the guy about the gun, and all he could say was: "Oh, it's a good gun." Very helpful. Not.

Cant wait for the sportsman warehouse to open here in show low.Tired of paying shipping charges on everything I order.

Sportsman's Warehouse is definitely the best of the big three! Hard to beat Amazon as they now seem to have just about everything as well.

Sportsman's by far is the best in our state. Bass Pro has to be the worst!! Big fishing section is the only reason to enter that store.

• Like 1