Sign in to follow this  
longshooter

max points for non res

Yep, 26 ...

Larry how many You got? I'M at 23. but getting older too. If I ever get it I hope I can walk..........BOB!

I dont have but maybe 8-10 points. Never was to big of a fan of sheep in the past. My dad has 21 as a non res and was hoping he was closer to max . guess he is still a long way away.

You're getting close to max Bob.

Yea ,but I looked a while back and there are like 500-600 or more ahead of me. so I may never get one. who knows ......BOB!

Those of you hoping to draw a sheep tag who are at less than max points need to study the annual bonus point reports. Specifically, the 20% bonus pass. Unlike the other species, the 20% bonus pass comes off the top. Meaning that in some cases all the permits for a given hunt # are taken in the bonus pass by max point holders. This issue has been discussed previously on this forum. Basically, depending on your age and distance from max points, you'll likely die with your BP's trying to draw 22, 24A, etc. Again, study the annual BP reports.

All of the top units/tags go to the max point holders. I wish AZ&F would fix this so the non max point holders had a chance to draw one tag in the top units. Doesn't seems right that 99.8% of us will never draw or even have a chance to draw 22, 24's, 44BN, etc...in our lifetime unless the trophy quality changes in the unit. AZ&F doesn't handle the other draws this way.

Im 50 and have 25 bps.I believe I saw on an earlier thread that if you have less than 25 that you'll never have max bps in your lifetime.I missed one year of putting in and its costing me. Max point holders should get the first shot at the best tags.If not then whats the point......its a tough thing this drawing a sheep tag!

I put in for the lesser units Hoping for a miricle ,but don't plan on it in my life. Good luck to all..........BOB!