Sign in to follow this  
GJMauro12

Goat Check

post-4673-0-73255000-1437423791_thumb.jpg

Here's a picture of that buck from the back.

post-4673-0-92123100-1437423929_thumb.jpg

One more of about the same angle as the first.

post-4673-0-40286000-1437424092_thumb.jpg

And this buck just wouldn't let us get video of him two mornings in a row. This is the best thing I got. He's not real tall but his cutters look huge and flare out.

• Like 1

I'm a thinkin that one would do just fine!! I think he's pretty tall too. The heavy ones never look as tall as the skinny ones. That one has sick top mass, even if he were short in length that would make up for that in a hurry.

• Like 1

Yeah the first buck is solid. His mass above the prong is exceptional and those high prongs are going to drive that score up. How many tags before your hunt?

I think I have seen that tall buck in your pics. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot him if you you can during the hunt. I'm out there almost every weekend and he is the biggest I have seen. I'm sure Terry could keep an eye on him for you. David

The buck with the big prongs looks a lot bigger than the first one. Horn length is not nearly as important as mass and prongs

Kinda like a sheep. Your prolly only gonna get one or two so get one you like first. The tall one is at least 83. The long prong could score higher idk i cant see the other side. But hes not as pretty. Just have fun and shoot one you want to look at forever!

Agreed about shooting what you like. In regards to scores, remember: prong length is only one measurement, just like length, but shorter. Mass gets measured 4x. High prongs is just as big of a deal as long prongs. Without more pics of the second buck it's tough to know how good he really is, but it appears his mass is at best equal to the first buck, horns are definitely shorter, but prongs are longer. I doubt that he can get to the overall score the first buck can, but he might. Good news is with limited tags, you should have a reasonable chance at some top bucks during your hunt.

Well these two bucks are on top of the list so far unless I can turn up a better Buck in 6 weekends otherwise I'll be making the decision between big prongs or more length. Might be leaning towards prongs right now.

Look like 4a bucks. Look for the gene with the high prongs and lots of mass. Getting close

Well, there is 31 days till opening day and I haven't been able to focus on really anything but antelope. It has been extremely hard not to look up youtube antelope hunts, field judging articles, podcasts or going over the video of the different bucks I've filmed so far this summer. I've been up pretty much every weekend since the beginning of June trying to look at as many bucks as possible.

Here's another picture of a buck I thougnt was pretty cool looking.

post-4673-0-11152800-1438732827_thumb.jpg

• Like 1