Big Browns

Do you agree with G&F forcing kids to take Hunter Safety???

Yes! This is good for them and good for all the other sportsmen that are out there. Like others have said I think everyone should have to go through it at least once.

I went when I was 10 in 1970 and then a few more times when my kids were old enough. I honestly didn't like going myself but it is important for them, a little refresher doesn't hurt anyone either.

I've seen many adults in the field not following the basic's of Hunter Safety and have called them out on it. There has to be a minimum standard and I think Hunter Safety does a good job at that. Because some parents would never teach what is taught in the class, we need to have it for all our safety!

• Like 3

BB.......now step into the every day classroom at school and try to convince a kid they need to learn algebraic equations :unsure:

My kid wanted to drive......had to study and go take the test.

My kid wanted to play sports.....had to get good grades.

My kid wanted to hunt.....had to take hunter safety.

My kid wanted to wrestle in Virginia....had to go earn money.

I wanted to earn money so I could do things I wanted......IRS took part of it.

Life is full of them.........

If they want to hunt.....they will take the course.

I don't look at hunter safety as being a regulation....it is good common sense and the more populated our state gets with less opportunity to go plink rabbits the more important hunter safety becomes.

Hang in there with them kids have so many options these days it can become a nightmare for a parent who just wants to go hunt.

If I had it to do all over again with my 4 boys I woulda told them no sports in high school....lets just hunt!!!

• Like 3

Yes! This is good for them and good for all the other sportsmen that are out there. Like others have said I think everyone should have to go through it at least once.

I went when I was 10 in 1970 and then a few more times when my kids were old enough. I honestly didn't like going myself but it is important for them, a little refresher doesn't hurt anyone either.

I've seen many adults in the field not following the basic's of Hunter Safety and have called them out on it. There has to be a minimum standard and I think Hunter Safety does a good job at that. Because some parents would never teach what is taught in the class, we need to have it for all our safety!

I must agree 100%.

• Like 1

I BELIEVE ITS A SMALL SACRIFICE TO BE ABLE TO HUNT

I took Nebraska's when I was in the Air Force because a group of kids needed a ride and dads were deployed. Then I took the Az 1 dayfor out of state class aattendees. Then I wanted to bow hunt in Alaska and you have to have taken an archery hunter's safety class so I took it again with my oldest son and 2 of his friends. Then my 3 daughters wanted to hunt. I made the 14 year old take it with her 2 sisters. We took 2 neighbor kids and my nephew with us. Might as well fill up the Suburban. I have 2 foster kids and my youngest son (3), that we adopted, that I will be attending the course with in the future. I think it should be mandatory for everyone. Plus you get a bonus point.

• Like 1

YES,

If they like hunting then just sign them up and don’t forget to sign yourself up also since your gonna be there with them in class. Plus it will give you a bonus point :).

Yes all should take even though there is somethings i dont agree with from some instructors been through 6 classes with my kids and have 3 more to sit through within next couple years

Hearing how important safety is and what effects the lack of safety has had on people, from someone other they their father, is worth it.

I'm in the yes camp on this one as well. I feel like all adults should take the class as well.

What if the parent of a child never took the class, never read the regs, just picked up a tag and went hunting thinking they knew what they were doing and what was was legal. That same person brings their kid hunting and teaches them all the wrong things, but since the hunter ed class was not required, the kid has no opportunity to learn correctly.