EagleEye

Need head gaskets put on 2005 tacoma 4.0 V6

Any mechanics need side job I buy parts you do work at your place. Napa wants like 3k labor other less notable shops say 600$ labor let me know if you can do it and how much PM me for details and questions. I have the book for truck new bolts gasket kit and fluids.

Overheat because pressure building up in the radiator and pushing fluid out the cap no other leaks noted nothing coming out exhaust, this happens very quickly like three to four miles, no water on dipstick or oil fill,possible oil on radiator cap each time both upper and lower hose pressurize immediately, new thermostat and radiator cap did nothing

Overheat because pressure building up in the radiator and pushing fluid out the cap no other leaks noted nothing coming out exhaust, this happens very quickly like three to four miles, no water on dipstick or oil fill,possible oil on radiator cap each time both upper and lower hose pressurize immediately, new thermostat and radiator cap did nothing

Give Chris at Rowdy Racks in Mesa a call. 90% of the work he does is on trucks. 480-221-3384

He is on Center just south of Southern.

Just had the same scope of work priced last week. 2200 labor. I was advised its better to buy a replacement engine, as it has the same labor cost. Think Ill try some of the BarsLeaks head gasket repair, Worth a shot for only $18.00.

Had the same problem on one of my trucks ended up being mechanic put the thermostat in backwards. They wanted 2600 to fix and it was there fault if I wouldn't of found the problem (thanks for grandpa teaching shade tree mechanic skills) my wallet would have been much lighter.

Just my 2 cents

• Like 1

You could put new head gaskets on and do a valve job on that motor for 3K, that's ridiculous.

I'd be checking a lot of different things over head gaskets for the problem your having. Do you have oil in your coolant, coolant in your oil or a loss of compression in any cylinder?

You could put new head gaskets on and do a valve job on that motor for 3K, that's ridiculous.

I'd be checking a lot of different things over head gaskets for the problem your having. Do you have oil in your coolant, coolant in your oil or a loss of compression in any cylinder?

Right.. I also have had multiple defective termostats and radiator caps! brand new yet no workie. I have probably seen 3 or 4 new thermostats stick when brand new and I have only replaced maybe 5.

Right.. I also have had multiple defective termostats and radiator caps! brand new yet no workie. I have probably seen 3 or 4 new thermostats stick when brand new and I have only replaced maybe 5.

I always test them on the stove before I put them in.

• Like 1

I always test them on the stove before I put them in.

Me toooo

I just had the same issue two months ago with my 2005 Tacoma, 190k. Call Daryl, he the manager at the Fletcher store on 19th Ave and Dunlap. Treated me awesome with a fair price.