Sign in to follow this  
DesertBull

2 spotters as binocs

is there a company people are using to combine and collate 2 spotting scopes into binoculars. It seems it it is getting more popular to do this but I can't find a website with details.

there is a guy in tucson that uses 2 scopes put together, i listen to jay scott podcasts and he had him on , i think he is on the forum under Becker, maybe you can pm him and he'll give you some info.

rumor has it, there is a guy in prescott with a machine shop that is savvy with the whole process and will make you an adapter to turn any two matching spotters into a pair of "big eyes". Kevin Passamore was talking about it on his recent podcast with jay scott. i think he gave contact info at the end of it

No need to break the bank these work amazingly well and pack up nice. These have never left me wanting for more power and the optical clarity is amazing. They can be found online for around $1300 of you look around.

http://www.steiner-optics.com/binoculars/military/m2080-military-20x80

steiner-m80-military-20x80-binocular-v.p

the idea behind "big eyes" is to get that big magnification (30X+)

• Like 1

There are a couple outfits making the brackets commercially. Euro-optics is one of them for the big spotters. My friend and I made our own. Feel free to PM me if you are really serious about this route and I will give you some more detailed info.

• Like 1

You can use fixed eye pieces/or you zoom one up to whatever power you want and then bring the other one up until your eyes settle out. Pretty simple and easier than you would think. Your eyes will tell you right off when they are the same!

What advantage do you get by having 2 scopes? I can look through my scope for hours with one eye and never get a headache. I also can look around side to side or up and down without having to move around so much to keep squared up behind binoculars.

What advantage do you get by having 2 scopes? I can look through my scope for hours with one eye and never get a headache. I also can look around side to side or up and down without having to move around so much to keep squared up behind binoculars.

Don't remember all the details but in essence, studies show that the brain recognizes 30% more detail when both eyes receive the same image.

Don't remember all the details but in essence, studies show that the brain recognizes 30% more detail when both eyes receive the same image.
and some people just suck at using or hate spotting scopes. I never could get used to the one eye thing.