Sign in to follow this  
madx250

Wild Mustangs

this is really blowing up on facebook. I seen the story in a couple of news feeds from different friends. Seems the "Chicken Littles" of social media are in a shouting match. The majority of the postings I seen are "they're gonna slaughter the horses".

I seen one story from kpho (channel 12) that said they are planning on rounding the horses up for removal, to be auctioned off.

I wish I could attend, but it is meet the teacher night for the kids, so I am booked up to that. I know I for one, enjoy seeing the horses. I can usually find them each time I go kayaking down the salt. Its always pretty impressive to see them.

please let us know how the meeting goes

I love horses and do enjoy seeing them but personally I'd much prefer seeing more native wildlife like mule deer when I'm at the river then hundreds of feral Indian ponies tromping around.

• Like 11

I'm sorry to say this, but who cares!!!!! I'm so tired of everyone getting so upset over some wild animals being killed or removed. If people are so upset maybe they should donate their time and money like hunters do to support wildlife. That's right, nobody cares as much about wildlife as hunters do!!!!!!

• Like 12

Same thing is coming in heber, tons of horses up there from the rez.

Don't forget the burros, going crazy and 25 percent herd increase every year

• Like 5

They do a lot of damage to the land. There are starting to be quite a few in GMU 27. We don't need these things in the forest. One more thing for elk/deer to contend with on top of the wolf fiasco already in place.

• Like 4

I'm sorry to say this, but who cares!!!!! I'm so tired of everyone getting so upset over some wild animals being killed or removed. If people are so upset maybe they should donate their time and money like hunters do to support wildlife. That's right, nobody cares as much about wildlife as hunters do!!!!!!

That is the problem .. There have been groups for the last decade trying to get the bureaucrats to allow for the rounding up and adoption of wild mustangs.... always been met with resistance and mainly due to tribal relations... The population has gone up significantly while nothing has been being done. If there are people willing to wrangle, break and get these mustangs to Homes versus sending them to slaughter IMO it should be done...

• Like 1

If they were feral cattle or pigs, nobody would care. Feral animals cause a lot of damage, not matter the species.

• Like 8

I wonder what the Tofu eaters would say if an African lion was let loose to eat the horses? They would probably turn themselves inside out trying to figure out who to get mad at.

• Like 5

That is the problem .. There have been groups for the last decade trying to get the bureaucrats to allow for the rounding up and adoption of wild mustangs.... always been met with resistance and mainly due to tribal relations... The population has gone up significantly while nothing has been being done. If there are people willing to wrangle, break and get these mustangs to Homes versus sending them to slaughter IMO it should be done...

All I'm saying is I don't care if they remove the mustangs or not! I'm not going to get upset either way. If they stay great, if they caputre them for adoption or dispatch, it doesn't bother me either way. I still don't understand why so many people get so upset about something that does not matter or affect them.

There are a lot worse things we can all concentrate our efforts on that can better our society!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura Bathel SAN DIEGO, CA about 12 hours ago Liked 5
This is wrong. The horses are native to the land and harm nothing. Leave something in this god forsaken world alone to live it's miserable life like the rest of us.

Ignorant

• Like 3

Is this the same blm that Recklessly releases burros all over the state?

This is not the BLM ... BLM has had adoption programs for a while for mustangs and burros though mismanaged and wasteful with money ... These are people talking about the FS and wild horses in National Forest lands that some people feel were neglected by the FS by not assigning a proper designation of a Wild Horse territory .... I personally think they are a pain in the butt but would prefer to see them placed and used versus slaughtered.

Laura Bathel SAN DIEGO, CA about 12 hours ago Liked 5

This is wrong. The horses are native to the land and harm nothing. Leave something in this god forsaken world alone to live it's miserable life like the rest of us.

Ignorant

very ignorant ... indeed. The wild mustangs are transplants from Spanish missionaries and anyone saying any livestock does nothing to harm the land has no credibility.

• Like 1