Sign in to follow this  
madx250

Wild Mustangs

Why does the US Taxpayer pay to preserve and protect FERULE AND INVASIVE horses, donkeys, and burros, and also pay to defend efforts to manage or remove them, yet also pay to remove or combat invasive grasses and weeds?

The "Wild Equine" in the US is no more natural or native than a freakin' tumbleweed. They're ferule strays, or descendents of such. No better than trespass cattle that should have a bounty on their head. There's plenty of equine fodder in rescues (I use the term loosely) for anyone that REALLY wants a horse... usually turned in by somebody that REALLY wanted a horse till they figured out they eat money, and shoot work.

Shoot 'em. Take 'em to 27 and dump them, it's likely cheaper than the dog food they're feeding the half breed wolves they reintroduced up there.

• Like 2

Burger King admits it has been selling beef burgers and Whoppers containing horsemeat
Fast food chain has faced allegations of orchestrating a cover-up
Fast food chain had earlier assured its products were not involved
Processing company Silvercrest has been using non-approved ingredients
Aldi today admitted burgers sold through UK stores probably contaminated
By SEAN POULTER FOR THE DAILY MAIL
PUBLISHED: 12:41 EST, 31 January 2013 | UPDATED: 02:23 EST, 1 February 2013

View comments
Burger King has tonight admitted that it has been selling burgers

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2271440/Burger-King-admits-selling-beef-burgers-Whoppers-containing-horse-meat.html#ixzz3hwat9amM
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I ate horse when I lived in Chile. I liked it. I would eat it again. Really lean, so it is probably really good for ya. Bring on the horse.

Does any one know if these horses can be genetically linked to Spanish ponies or are they just horses that people have turned loose over the years?

Thats the issue. The bunny lovers want DNA results. Alot of the indian horses have the same DNA because they got them from the Spanish. Most of the horses on the rim are from one ranch on the WMA that got out during the rodeo fire. Do you think those guys on the rez have DNA records?? I would bet the horses on the salt are from, mostly the rez. Bottom line they are non native and should be removed. Look at what they do for non native fish or shellfish in our waters. Get rid of the horses! I wish ppl started leaving some out there taking a dirt nap...

There have been wild Horses running around in Arizona way before the rodeo fire and yes they are a pain in the butt and left unmanaged a real issue... But what you say is a bit over the top since The ELK herd we enjoy hunting is not native to Arizona ( our Native elk were hunted out) .... I know a lot of guys up north pissed at the removal of small mouth from Rim lakes heck most of our game fish species are not native, and thank god for that....

The elk herd is at least native to North America. And we are allowed to manage their population. They should sell tags for the ponies.

I've had wild horses mess me up on more antelope/deer/elk hunts in unit 1 and 27 than i care to discuss. seems like every time i am making my way in on an animal i kick up a heard of wild horses. they are pretty ornery too. i think most of them up there have gotten loose from the sprucedale guest ranch and multiplied like rabbits

Back in the early 80's I used to hunt Muleys from Usury mountain down to the river and Usury pass/Ellsworth to the south bend in the salt river. But then the horses population grew over a few short years. At first they were cool to see but then the deer moved out of the area completely. You might get lucky and have one amble through where I could always find them on any given time.

I think they should be managed. Put out a hunt on them, Id buy a tag and im sure others would too. Id like to see the hunt in the spring when most other seasons are closed. Horses breed year around. I think they would be a blast to archery hunt.

• Like 1

Horses breed year around. I think they would be a blast to archery hunt.

No, horses do not breed year round. Mares ovulate less than 6 months from March to Oct, but usually only allow a stallion to approach in spring. Given this and an 11 month gestation, they are terribly inefficient at propagating.

Horses plowed our fields, pulled our wagons and carried us and our cannons into war. Horses are buried beside our fallen on the battlefield.

I'd sooner round up illegals and send them home than harm a single horse unnecessarily.

post-11051-0-35128000-1438798538_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Horses breed year around. I think they would be a blast to archery hunt.

No, horses do not breed year round. Mares ovulate less than 6 months from March to Oct, but usually only allow a stallion to approach in spring. Given this and an 11 month gestation, they are terribly inefficient at propagating.

Horses plowed our fields, pulled our wagons and carried us and our cannons into war. Horses are buried beside our fallen on the battlefield.

I'd sooner round up illegals and send them home than harm a single horse unnecessarily.

Oxen plowed our fields, pulled our wagons and we eat the heck out of them. Eating horses should not be a crime. Protein is protein.

Barking up the wrong tree, CJ. I'm for the humane marketing and slaughter of horses, cattle, sheep, etc.

Humane being the keyword, not all killing is humane.

If conservationists want to flip the bill to manage and eventually thru attrition, handle this herd, why oppose it? Let them dart and castrate the stallions, roundup the adoptable ones. Do something rather than nothing.

But I won't be joining you on any horse bow hunts.

• Like 2

[quote name="Edge" post="578764" timestamp="1438802283

But I won't be joining you on any horse bow hunts.

Dang

M

Dont waste your time edge your obviously not going to get an informed conversation

You're right as usual buddy, adios

• Like 1