Sign in to follow this  
Hunter4Life09

Remington 700 7mm

Ok I have a Remington 700 7mm that I have replaced the stock with the bell and Carlson, replaced the trigger with a timney, added a muzzle break then just fluted the bolt and added a tac knob for looks. I'm throwing around the option of getting rid of my rifle and going with the savage long range hunter or the sendero. What is everyone's opinion?

That already sounds like a sweet rifle you got! Any particular reason you are wanting to upgrade?

• Like 1

If your gun currenlty shoots under 1 moa you have a great gun for long range shooting. If it does not shoot less than 1 moa I would recommend having a custom match grade barrel put on it. You will have a much better gun in the long run if you customize what you currenly have.

• Like 4

Go with the savage. I got my wife a rem 700 for Christmas last year and it has been the most inaccurate pos I have in the safe. I have a savage 116 two 110 and two axis. All of them are sub moa with nothing but quality optics.

Do what Big Browns says. Take it to a smith and have him put a match barrel on it. You will shoot less than 1/4 moa then. Nothing I mean Nothing compares to a match barrel. Accuracy and cleaning are so much better on a match. I will never own another factory gun.

• Like 4

do you reload ? did you shoot the deer in your pic with the 7mm? i have an adl 7mm , with its factory barrel it shoots one load real real good. . the rem sendero is a great factory gun. my 7mm sendero shoots everything good. a rem 700 long range is cheaper than a sendero, but heavier too . of course weight is an advantage for long range and precision. adding a heavy krieger barrel ( fluted if you want less weight) to your current rifle is your best bet. and a good stock like a bell and carlson m40 , or an h and s precision , manners, macmillian. . that have bedding blocks. .

I agree with Big Browns and willhunt4coues.

You have already done 50% of the work for accuracy with stock upgrades and trigger installation. Now finish the job with a match barrel. Bartlein, Brux, Rock Creek, Kreiger. Take your pick on what you can find in stock, have a smith chamber it and install it. You now have a true semi-custom rifle, that should out shoot almost ANY high $$$ factory rifle, Savage LR and Sendero included. You could have the smith true the action and bed the stock while he is at it for a few more $$$.

• Like 4

Another option to have the best of both worlds and skip some of the cost associated with a smith is to do a Remage project. Pre chambered and threaded barrels are available for around $350 and all the head spacing and fitting can be done by you. In all honesty having a smith do all the work to true up the action, chamber and thread, headspace and bed the stock not to mention buy the barrel you are probably more than 3/4 of the way to a Sendero or long range hunter. Cut out the middle man and do it yourself. Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

Another option to have the best of both worlds and skip some of the cost associated with a smith is to do a Remage project. Pre chambered and threaded barrels are available for around $350 and all the head spacing and fitting can be done by you. In all honesty having a smith do all the work to true up the action, chamber and thread, headspace and bed the stock not to mention buy the barrel you are probably more than 3/4 of the way to a Sendero or long range hunter. Cut out the middle man and do it yourself. Just my thoughts.

I was going to suggest this. If you do decide to do this you will need a few tools. Let us know if this is the route you want to go and we will let you know what to get and where.

stick it out. You are pot committed to that bad boy. The match barrel and gunsmith tune up is a better option then another factory gun, that will need to be upgraded. I agree with Lance, Big Browns and willhunt4coues. Finish HIM!

or sell it to me for 400.00

just an option. :)

• Like 2

Call Jim Briggs at Northland Shooters supply and he can tell you all about the system and what you need to get off the ground. He also carries all the barrels and tools for the job. A one stop shop and he is very knowledgeable and helpful.

1-763-682-4296

• Like 2

Call Jim Briggs at Northland Shooters supply and he can tell you all about the system and what you need to get off the ground. He also carries all the barrels and tools for the job. A one stop shop and he is very knowledgeable and helpful.

1-763-682-4296

This is where I order all my barrel from best guys and even better prices. The shipping is very well packed and protected.

Ask him for an action wrench and barrel nut wrench.

You will also need a barrel nut and recoil lug.

If you don't want to buy the barrel nut wrench or action wrench to save you money you can always come up and use mine I have them.

• Like 1

If it were my rifle, I would have the action work done to it, and buy a pre-fit barrel (Remage). In the long run you will save a lot of money on barrels, then you can shoot more.

When you drop off your action to be trued I wouldn't tell him your going to remage it.