Sign in to follow this  
Flingingarrowsbro

Leftovers....Bad news

So I called and found out I picked up a leftover tag. No big deal right? wrong. I was picked for my last choice (4th choice). I called to clarify. I was told that my choices 1-3 had already filled up. They had over 4000 tags come in over the weekend. My first choice was all coues in this order ( 32,29,35b, 36a). Normally I only put two choices and I ALWAYS get my first choice. There are gonna be a lot of people that were counting on a leftover tag and not get to go hunting this year.

I knew that was going to happen after seeing all the leftover tags disapear in 1 day last year. It's the Dawn of the NO leftover tags. The shrowd of the dark side is apon us now.

• Like 4

Yup. No leftover for me this year which is a first. Goodbye to the guaranteed tags. Let's go archery!!

• Like 2

Yep. Gonna be hard relying on playing the bonus point game anymore.

Interesting that you were able to obtain your results. I've called different offices, been looked up and told nada yet. Been told they cannot see any leftovers results yet. Been told they'll have them finalized on Thursday. Goodness. What does it take for a guy to just find out? Be good to know!

That is one of the reasons I didn't want to wait for a leftover tag. Before leftovers were easy to get, now you never know! Glad I put in the draw and got my first choice.

36A is a good unit though. Lots of deer in those hills! Best of luck to you this fall.

• Like 1

I called the phoenix office yesterday, I had no results shown. I called the Yuma office just now, and found I drew my first choice of 36A. I have never been there, but I am looking forward to exploring new country.

• Like 1

No bad news here. While at the Flagstaff office getting a bear permit and migratory bird stamp, the friendly lady looked up my info and found I was drawn for the Thanksgiving hunt in 35A. Coues for me at first, and Mearns for Rica on the second weekend. The 35A hunt was my first choice on the leftover app.

• Like 2