Coues 'n' Sheep

Is this the Largest Commissioners Tag Coues Buck ever taken?

I guess you can retire!

Awesome buck. 153"? Thats a big claim. I would love to see the score sheet. I know the elk they just killed went from 436'' to 422" when someone other then a3 taped it and they were a official scorer. I wonder what the real score on this buck will be when taped by someone other then A3. I bet he's still in the 140's but I cant see 153". Either way stud buck and I'm sure the crew and Shane is beyond stoked on it. Its unbelievable that year after year there are big coues like this roaming the hills each year.

Who cares what the score is when you have something like that in your hands. Absolutely awesome buck and congratulations to Shane and all who helped on this hunt. Thanks for posting! :)

TJ

• Like 4

I'd encourage you to ask Shane about the score... He ran the tape and was quite frugal with the score... He is not a BS'er and that is fact. Sorry that the number brings doubt and distain to your mind VS. just sheer amazement over the fact that AZ has Giants like this roaming our hills... on Public ground. Cheers

• Like 6

Mass was incredible..all 4 measurements between tines make for serious mass...

Smallest measurement was just under 5 and .largest was over 6....absolute giant.

I'd encourage you to ask Shane about the score... He ran the tape and was quite frugal with the score... He is not a BS'er and that is fact. Sorry that the number brings doubt and distain to your mind over just sheer amazement over the fact that AZ has Giants like this roaming our hills... on Public ground. Cheers

That's why I hate scores and record books. Brings out the worst in people. It's worse for hunting than any trail camera or ATV or pile of corn could ever be.

I would Just admire the buck for what he is.....Freakin HUGE and SWEET!

In my opinion.

Huge congrats to those involved, regardless of inches.

• Like 5

The right antler by itself scores over 73 inches.... if you notice in the picture, this deer has a huge head (well over 17 inches ear tip to ear tip) and Shane is sitting with the head, not behind it like most guys do. This animal is mind numbing big. While I am sure that it is easy for some to score a buck by 3 pics , for me, who got to look at lots of his pics and video clips before he hit the dirt... well I can assure you it is easy to miss inches of horn from the arm chair.... MASS, TINES, BEAMS, EYEGARDS, & SPREAD, this buck has to be held to really know what a true Beast he is. To boot... Shane doesn't do this for the numbers... anyone who knows him or has met him knows that he has a passion that is second to none.... he never even asked in the field, the questions, " How big?" or "are you sure he is at least that big?".... instead his only question was, "Are we sure he is tipped out?" (Finished)... taking the buck at his full potential was his priority not the inches. He took his dad, brothers, and kids, friend and family on the hunt, he cooked for them all and threw a huge camp, and he & everyone involved stayed and enjoyed each other's company and the moment in time. Being happy about a giant can never be easier than for this guy... and when you hunt like Shane does it results in inches, lots of inches... and that is hard to argue.

I for one am still in shock.... there has been a shift in Coues hunting in AZ these last few years, and some amazing (ridiculous) bucks have been taken, proving that there be Monsters out there and they be in more units across this state than most give credit for. That we all have chances at these bucks for the cost of a license and an archery tag (or draw tag) each year on public land! That is Exciting!

• Like 10

I can never understand why someone kills a MONSTER buck, bull, bear, ram whatever it turns into a pissing match. Add in a tag that was bought for thousands of dollars... Good grief. If I had that much money, I would buy every premium tag I possibly could!

Great buck and congrats to all involved.

• Like 5

Congratulations to Shane and all involved.

A true giant of a buck and one all of us dream of.

Way to go guys!

I can never understand why someone kills a MONSTER buck, bull, bear, ram whatever it turns into a pissing match. Add in a tag that was bought for thousands of dollars... Good grief. If I had that much money, I would buy every premium tag I possibly could!

Because the majority of the posters are a lot like women. They get extremely jealous of everything and don't got nothing else better to do than cry about it.

Congrats to the hunter and all involved on one bad A$$ buck!

• Like 3

Im really starting to believe that posting pics anymore is not worth the headache. There are some on here that can't help but find something to complain about. Its no wonder that most of the original long time members stopped or hardly post at all anymore. I like pics and stories as much as anyone but it's just not worth all the arguments any more. Its become old. Its best now to just keep them to your circle of friends and family like it used to be.

Brian

• Like 7

Brian- I agree, I've always shared pics and stories kind of like a blog or journal, but it is getting harder and harder to post without people complaining..

Magnificant buck! Very high in the Record Book. I can believe this buck had a huge body, but the long nose takes the cake.

Any chance this is a hybrid?