Sign in to follow this  
JLW

hunt guidelines 2016-2017 2017-2018

here is the link to the hunt guidelines.

some interesting changes may be coming.

notably a quota for archery deer Aug/Sept.....

http://azgfdportal.devaz.gov/PortalImages/files/hunting/guidelines/commOrders/Hunt%20Guidelines%202016-2018%20PROPOSED%208-19-2015%20w%20track%20changes.pdf

James

Are there any units that you have heard of south of the Colorado where the August archery kills alone are more than 20% of of overall kills? Around here I'm certain we are in low single digits as far as overall percent.

Are there any units that you have heard of south of the Colorado where the August archery kills alone are more than 20% of of overall kills? Around here I'm certain we are in low single digits as far as overall percent.

how would they know what percentage in any unit without mandatory reporting?

James

• Like 2

how would they know what percentage in any unit without mandatory reporting?

James

Already is mandatory reporting for archery deer.

AZ doesn't have any mandatory reporting, if you throw the card in the trash, there are no direct repercussions. Its all extrapolation and statistics my friends.

AZ doesn't have any mandatory reporting, if you throw the card in the trash, there are no direct repercussions. Its all extrapolation and statistics my friends.

There is mandatory reporting if you harvest an archery deer. I haven't read the info on the link yet but I'm assuming they're trying to do something like they do for bear with a quota. Once it's reached the unit will be closed.

There is mandatory reporting if you harvest an archery deer. I haven't read the info on the link yet but I'm assuming they're trying to do something like they do for bear with a quota. Once it's reached the unit will be closed.

They stopped madatory reporting for archery a couple yrs ago.

They stopped madatory reporting for archery a couple yrs ago.

Guess I missed that. Musta realized no one did.

some general elk hunts before the archery...

Early archery on Friday of week 37 (September 9, 2016 and September 15, 2017) or week 38 (September 16, 2016 and September 22, 2017) if an early general bull hunt starts on Friday of week 37

some fall bear hunts may be restricted hunts.... no dogs??

Restricted seasons, where dogs may not be used for pursuit of bears, may be used during the fall. Female harvest limits will apply.

James

Advocated to my Commissioner to reject the Departments proposal to put other weapon types before archery elk hunts.

At the last meeting I attended basically everyone was very opposed to having other elk hunts before the archery, but apparently that had no effect. All they said when we asked why the proposed change was "we received a COUPLE of comments" suggesting they do so...