Sign in to follow this  
PelaPapas

How do you lock up your Ice chest/coolers???

Wondering how you all lock up your ice chest/coolers in the back of your truck? I was looking into a padlock with 2.5" shackle that will go through lid hole on the corner of a yeti with either a 1/4" or 5/16 chain. The only problem I run into is that I believe the chain won't go through the anchor points I have in my truck bed. So some sort of cable lock might be the only way I can go?

Does anybody use the wire cable to lock up their cooler? would 1/4" cable or the python cable do any good?

I go the cheap cooler route. Tried locking my pelican in but it got to be such a hassle. No one wants to steal my crappy coolers with crappy beer in them!

• Like 5

Never locked up a cooler in all the years camping and hunting ... even down south by the border ... never had a thing taken ... KNOCKING ON WOOD !

• Like 2

Its sad that we even have to talk about this. I've often wondered though. Do you guys lock them up in camp too? One of my buddies has an older Yeti. We usually just keep it out of plain sight.

• Like 1

Never locked up a cooler in all the years camping and hunting ... even down south by the border ... never had a thing taken ... KNOCKING ON WOOD !

Ditto. Been pretty lucky I guess.

• Like 1

Had my cooler stolen sitting next to my camper while we were sleeping at lake pleasant. Wife and I laughed about it, all we had was diet coke and some hot dogs. I'm sure whoever took it thought they were scoring some beer and maybe steaks.

• Like 2

I use a master lock Python... It's great cause it can also lock other items at the same time... When I am fishing, I also lock my spare for my boat trailer on the same cable, and can be cinched tightly together.

• Like 1

Same here but with all the people out there saying people have stolen their coolers, I rather not take a chance!

Had my cooler stolen sitting next to my camper while we were sleeping at lake pleasant. Wife and I laughed about it, all we had was diet coke and some hot dogs. I'm sure whoever took it thought they were scoring some beer and maybe steaks.

it was probably your fat brother Matt Russ who heisted your diet coke and weinnes.

• Like 2

The only thing I've ever had stolen were cookies and the ravens got them.

• Like 1

Put an already shot target right above it on a tree! :angry:

Actually never had any issues but still wondering what kind of jack butt steals someones food and beverages. Guess this is a great reason to not buy a $400 cooler, I have an older Canyon and if it were stolen I am not sure I would make the investment again.

Some people really suck!

• Like 1

My ex- bro-in- law and I pulled our boat up to the shore at Roosey , we saw a guy running out of our camp with drinks in his hands.... we chased him down and caught him... we where gonna give him a beating, but called the cops instead and held him there until the cops showed. He was arrested as he had gone through our tents and had other items....

funniest thing about this ..... my sister made some "white girl burritos" and he had taken a bite out of one and spit it on the ground, he threw the burrito on the ground.... he knew bad cooking when he tasted it... we gave my sister crap all weekend about her cooking

• Like 5

I have never owned a cooler that wasn't bought at Wally world so my way of doing thing might be different than those who have the nice yeti's ect...

I leave my coolers out in plain sight regardless of where I am hunting/scouting/camping. Anyone who walks by and needs a cold drink is welcome to it. H3ll have a beer if you want just do not drink them all....

I carry a Camel Back with water, like most here i assume, and I drink ALOT while I am out. Probably too much….. I start to panic if I start to run low on water and I am still far from the Ranger/truck/camp etc. My uncle is fighting diabetes and his blood sugar gets low while we are out stopping around. He carries all kinds of hard candies, chocolates, etc to make sure he does not bottom out.

So my thinking is that water/food is needed then by all means help yourself if it will keep you from getting hurt or worst.

More D

• Like 2