rossislider

Wyoming Tag Punched

I filled my tag, and a LOT quicker than expected! Notice I hadn't had a chance to get into camo yet. Just got into the area and we (my wife and I) were sighting in the rifles to start hunting tomorrow morning. Headed back to camp and glassed this guy on a ridge about 1000 yards out. I noticed that if I went a few hundred yards to the right I could put the one tree in the area (the tree in the background of the picture) between us and stalk in closer. I got almost to the tree when he looked my way and stood up. I hit the ground and crawled a few more yards to a downed tree. There was about a 9 inch gap between the trunk and ground that gave me a perfect view, cover, and shot. The buck was still staring my way standing straight on. I ranged him at 242 yards and put a round in his chest. He ran about 20 yards before doing a forward somersault and dropped. Not my ideal shot (head on) but, zero meat loss and his insides were destroyed. Now for the wife's turn tomorrow!

post-6408-0-30813100-1444628213_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

That's Wyoming there everywhere, that's why I keep my bullets in my pack. Great job

• Like 1

Way to get it dun! Camo is just a munnie making gimic anyway. Stud buck, congrats!

• Like 1

Nice job dude. Gotta love goat hunting in wyoming. Now go get the wife done!

• Like 3

***Update***

We just got back into the valley tonight after a straight 18 hour drive. My amazing wife got her buck too, but not without several challenging failed stalks before everything finally came together. I'll get pictures and that story up tomorrow. To tired to think straight tonight.

• Like 1

Dang that is great. Sounds like one of mine and the brother in laws trip. Nothing better than an 18hr drive to kill antelope. Cant wait for pics and stories

• Like 2

Some times it better to be lucky than good. Congrats on a nice goat.

• Like 1