Sign in to follow this  
PhxDT

Swaro Problems

I hate writing this type of post, but thought it would be worth noting to the community. I purchased the swaro adapter when I got my 10x50EL's a few years back. It was the kind that would push up and lock on top of the binos. I used them lightly (only pulling them out when big game hunting), and they fell apart. Poor design. I call to find out how to fix them, and found out there was nothing to be done. They offered me the new adapter model at full price. I am shocked because of the luxury brand swaros currently hold, a total mismatch to the pool quality adapters they produce. But, they do price their adapters and accessories at luxury pricing. I went back and forth with the customer service agent maybe 6-8 times. They ended up offering me a $50 gift cert to The Outdoorsman (because I put in a post and adapter there). I declined, because a luxury brand should do better to stand behind their product. It's not the money that is important, and it makes me wonder about the binos. Maybe they go cheap on those too, going forward. It felt like I was dealing with walmart customer service, not Nordstroms (at a Nordstrom's price).

You can't sell something, stop supporting it, and then leave your customer out in the cold by offering a full price option of their newest crap. I don't think I'll ever be able to buy anything from them going forward- disappointed with the entire process- and makes me worry about the future of my 10x50 EL's when I need work on them.

I would take them up on their offer on the outdoorsman adapter and not look back. I think think they know their adapter is not the best, prob why they are asking full price to steer the customers to other adapters???

• Like 1

If you havent had trouble with your Swarovski adaptor, you don't own Swarovskis. I can't imagine there's even one person on here with swarovskis that has not had problems with the adaptor. They're still the best bino's money can buy.

I would take them up on their offer on the outdoorsman adapter and not look back. I think think they know their adapter is not the best, prob why they are asking full price to steer the customers to other adapters???

I already had the outdoorman installed after back/forth with them. They then came back and offered swaro accessories after I already bought the outdoorsman. I explained this to them before I bought the outdoorsman with no success.

• Like 1

So you are not going to buy their bino's ever again because their adapter is junk, and they would not warranty it? Not a good decision, and I would have taken them up on their 50$ offer as well. I had that El adapter too, and it was a major POS. This does not mean that the whole optic is. Unlike companies where all their products are made in China/ Japan/ or Vietnam, they can not warranty an adapter that is years old.

• Like 1

So you are not going to buy their bino's ever again because their adapter is junk, and they would not warranty it? Not a good decision, and I would have taken them up on their 50$ offer as well. I had that El adapter too, and it was a major POS. This does not mean that the whole optic is. Unlike companies where all their products are made in China/ Japan/ or Vietnam, they can not warranty an adapter that is years old.

I wasn't looking for warranty, just a way to fix- I didn't mind paying to get it fixed. They charge double the price for the product, shouldn't they support it?? I don't think that is asking too much.

Yes, that is exactly what I will do.

You cannot compare the binos to the accesories. The binos are the best made, by anyone.

Other companies make a better adapter however. Swaro is not in business to sell adapters. They are there to sell optics. They should stick to that.

• Like 1

Guest wdenike

I wasn't looking for warranty, just a way to fix- I didn't mind paying to get it fixed. They charge double the price for the product, shouldn't they support it?? I don't think that is asking too much.

Yes, that is exactly what I will do.

And come on!! After all they do chit trophy animals of every kind. I personally would be waiting in line to buy one of everything they have. LMAO

TAKE CARE, Willie

I agree that it is frustrating, I have come to the conclusion when I buy the swaros I sell the adapter that it comes with and use the proceeds to purchase the outdoorsmans. Thier glass is the best, thier adapter sucks!!! Just something I accepted when I bought it. Should they have replaced the adapter? Yes, but I would have sold mine before I even used it. That's just me though. I recommend calling sportsman's or local shop that sells them and talk to the Arizona Feild rep/sales (ask them for his cell number) and talk to them to get it replaced then sell it to recoop your money from the outdoorsmans, that's what I would do. Sometimes those reps you call on the phone just are not the best. If you think swaro is bad try leica, they were horrible, I personally will never buy leicas again, but that just me.

• Like 1

ya- i bought them separately. a little more painful. I come from an industry where your product has to be good, top to bottom. Odd that they are ok with a completely different perception of their product lines.

Some people need to get out more.

If the swaro adaptor deal warrants a cry me a river post, good luck....

Clearly the best glass! at least in its class, and i have no knowledge of the higher class. :)

I have had good luck with swaro and a affordable lens replacement.

If this happened recntly i will tell you that they are differnt company when in middle of high customer repairs due to fall hunt schedules. ;) i get where your coming from that it should be better adapter BUT pretty much every thing out there has some similar downfall now days so im just glad swaros not suddenltly assembled in china but maybe adaptor is! L.O.L. i think this is qhy many sacrifice a little quality and get lifetime warranty on other glass.

The $90 Outdoorsman adaptor is far better than the $150 Swarovski adaptor...I have a few broken swaro adaptors that are not repairable. Hard to beat Swarovski glass and warranty though...by far the best!!!

The first time my 15s fell off and I saved them with my boot from a big butt rock I thought it was me. The second time...well that POS has been sitting on the shelf. I have a custom aluminum one bolted up to them and no worries. +1 for the POS vote.