Sign in to follow this  
azdonw

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sorry, Montana.

hopefully Montana allows "buddy hunting" and you can take both birds in the same area and on the same day. yes "this one might get juicy".

I thought that Montana did not allow muzzle loader as legal method of take for turkey.... I guess raises a question I never thought of ... Is a muzzle Loader with shotgun barrel considered the same as a shotgun ... My thought is No, but could see where some could get confused.

I have a 12ga muzzle loader. I have killed turkey's in AZ and NM with it. Game wardens love it, I have been checked in both states and they thought it was cool that someone was hunting with a muzzl loader shotgun.

• Like 2

Looking at the regs for Az I did not find anything that says muzzle loaders shooting shot was legal. They do say shotguns, bows, and crossbows are legal. So do they consider muzzle loaders shooting shot a shotgun? I could not find any definition of a shotgun to back it up one way or the other. Not trying to start an arguement at all just looking for clarification using the regs. They define a muzzleloader but not one shooting shot.

I think it would be cool just can't find anything to back it up..

• Like 1

If you have a "shotgun" barrel on a muzzle loader it's considered a shotgun!

• Like 2

Looking at the regs for Az I did not find anything that says muzzle loaders shooting shot was legal. They do say shotguns, bows, and crossbows are legal. So do they consider muzzle loaders shooting shot a shotgun? I could not find any definition of a shotgun to back it up one way or the other. Not trying to start an arguement at all just looking for clarification using the regs. They define a muzzleloader but not one shooting shot.

I think it would be cool just can't find anything to back it up..

Yes a muzzle -loader shooting shot is legal. Worst case scenario is if a Game Warden stops you he may ask you to shoot the gun to prove there is shot in the gun. Your point did get me to thinking however can you hunt turkey with Taurus Judge using the .410? You would have to wait until they are 10-15 yards away but that would be fun IMO and if it is legal I will be trying it.

Legal method of take

Limited Weapon-Shotgun Shooting Shot Hunt: Any shotgun shooting shot as prescribed in R12-4-318 or crossbow or
bow and arrow as prescribed in R12-4-304. Archery-Only Hunt: Bow and arrow as prescribed in R12-4-304 and R12-4-
318 and/or crossbow as allowed under R12-4-216. Centerfire rifles, muzzleloading rifles and handguns are no longer legal
methods of take.

There are numerous muzzleloading shotguns on the market. They are not muzzzle loading rifles. You have more slug choices for a reg shotgun than a muzzle loader shotgun does to be able to shoot a solid bullet.

When reading the thread I automatically assumed he was from another state and therefore could shoot two turkeys. There are some dumb people out there but no one dumb enough to post something as illegal as that had they been in az. I'm surprised everyone believed him to be hunting in AZ.

why would you assume he is from another state where u can shoot two turkeys when he says his buddy had to tag the other one? If his buddy tagged an animal he didn't shoot why would that be legal in any state?

I'm not sure if there is a state where that is legal? accidents do happen and tagging the other turkey was probably the right thing to do, although maybe not the legal thing to do?

• Like 1

maybe it was a maneater? they're out there. i hadta shoot one in self defense once. looked my eye to eye standin' flat footed and i was horseback. it about got my buddy Thurly but i shot it with a .45. you gotta watch out for them maneater tommygobblers. steven king rit a book about em. Lark.

• Like 1

maybe it was a maneater? they're out there. i hadta shoot one in self defense once. looked my eye to eye standin' flat footed and i was horseback. it about got my buddy Thurly but i shot it with a 7/08. you gotta watch out for them maneater tommygobblers. steven king rit a book about em. Lark.

Fixed it for you, lark.