Sign in to follow this  
swaro06

Nosler BT or Hornady SST

Each rifle is different. You will have to shoot them both in your rifle to answer that question.

My 257 weatherby likes sst better than nosler bt, but it likes berger VLDs the best followed by hornady btsp.

Harley.

• Like 1

I got a Tikka 300 win mag and hornady 180 grain sst tore up my bull 3 weeks ago with one shot at 406 yards. I'm not changeing a thing................BOB!

• Like 3

I have used and seen SST's lay the smack down on elk many times. From 300 to 600 yds they are simply deadly. One shot instant kills. Antelope same results only the one at 100 yds exit wound was 6". For long range work they are deadly. Up close they ruin a lot of meat.

• Like 1

I load 110gr Accubonds in my Quarter bores and 200gr Accubonds for my 300 WinMags...very good accuracy and no complaints regarding terminal performance...have taken Elk, Coues and Muleys with this bullet...as with any bullet POI is the key...under full disclosure I've always been partial to Nosler bullets...especially Partitions..........

I shoot a 210 Berger VLD out of my tikka 300 win wag with 64.5, IMR 3450, it’s awesome. I love this gun.

I don't own a rifle that doesn't shoot Nosler BT's well. They were the first Nosler bullet that I reloaded. I recently tried shooting accubonds and love them. They are my go to bullet from now on They have done well on everything from whitetail through large bull elk.