520AZcountryboy

Very important question

My brother says he's positive that he shot a deer but there weren't any signs of a blood trail. Is this possible and if yes, where do we begin to look. The terrain is very dense of brushes and mesquite tree.

Heck yes its possible. My buck this year didnt have one drop of blood anywhere. Luckily i watched him drop or i would have had a very very hard time finding him. He expired inside a large bush like a rabbit.

• Like 1

IMO, yes it is possible. Often times there can be little to no external bleeding, depending on the wound. Keep looking! If the deer was in fact hit, intuition would have me looking downhill first.....

Good luck!

S.

• Like 2

Best place to look is in the vicinity of where he shot it. Did he see it run off or did it die within sight? Look for leg drag marks ground disturbed etc. check inside every bush or tree in sight

Sometimes if you go to where the animal was hit, you can start there and start making small radar like circles and start getting bigger.

• Like 1

That's a bad feeling. I hit a really good non typical buck this year and couldn't find him. found blood and everything, zig zagged that side hill and the bottom 4 times. it was just thick and I was by myself. I even went back the next weekend and looked for crows and hiked the canyon again but didn't see anything.

Sad to say that we never found his buck but l have to say this has been the best and toughest hunt I have ever been on. Neither of us tagged out but came close. Just over a month until we head back out to the hills!

Big or bust and huntharder. You must not be in the right area. Give me a break. It was our first time in this unit.