Sign in to follow this  
CouesHunterAZ

Looking to Buy Binoculars Under 500 dollars. Reccomendations

Hello all,

Well I have saved up some money and am looking to upgrade my binoculars to the 400-500 dollar price range. With this I am also wondering what your opinions are on getting 12 or 15 power binos.

Thanks

Vortex is great, Leopold has some good glass. My friend got a pair of tasco hd 12x for $259.00 . I laughed at first then looked thru them and discovered that things have changed , these weren't my old 7x35 tasco's I grew up with. They were as clear as my swaro's 15x . Great budget bono's. Good luck in your guest..

They were as clear as my swaro's 15x .

Sorry, I have to call BS on this statement. But you probably just forgot the "not" in that sentence.

• Like 4

Get the 15x50 vortex viper

If I get 15's would you recommend having 8 power bino's for walking and just the 15's for glassing?

• Like 2

I have the Vortex Vulture 15x56 and I am happy with them. They are clear and the only issue is the little haze on the outside edge. I am extremely happy with them for what they cost. With that said, they will be replaced with Swarovski 15x56 HD's in March.

I have the Vortex Vulture 15x56 and I am happy with them. They are clear and the only issue is the little haze on the outside edge. I am extremely happy with them for what they cost. With that said, they will be replaced with Swarovski 15x56 HD's in March.

Vortex is great, Leopold has some good glass. My friend got a pair of tasco hd 12x for $259.00 . I laughed at first then looked thru them and discovered that things have changed , these weren't my old 7x35 tasco's I grew up with. They were as clear as my swaro's 15x . Great budget bono's. Good luck in your guest..

Thanks for the laugh...

• Like 3

Many fantastic options out there now so just start trying them out and then if you can wait try and find used. I have not looked thru a bad pair of current model leupolds of any size. Clearly vortex has great warranty and glass for any budget. Nikon has some real nice glass. And my favorite sleeper is weaver but no 12's or 15's but the 8' and 10's super slams are the bomb!

I forgot about the Weaver's but remember reading a review that they were the surprise entry and really good bino's just like their scopes. They always get dinged though for weighing more than any thing else.

I also keep reading the zen-rays are worth every dime but I have yet to try them out. Someone sold a pair of Mavens on here and they looked fantastic with the Kuiu pattern on them. The reviews on these were good also and the custom options look cool.

• Like 1

15x56 Vortex vultures all day. I talked to a buddy that works for vortex and they even recommend them over the 15x50 vipers. I've never looked through the vipers but I have looked through the vultures for hours. You can find deals on them if you take your time looking. I bought a used pair in perfect condition on archery talk for $385

I've bought binos from walmart (behind the glass) and in the plastic shrink wrap, stepped up to Leaupold wind rivers, then stepped up to zeiss victory. Every step was huge and every step cost money. I totally agree with the "buy once cry once" but most folks want to hunt before they save enough to cry! I'd go with Leaupold or Minox. Vortex are good but leupold or Minox are better IMO. Good luck