gotcoues

2015 Dream Season 8 Coues Bucks

Just finished up my last round of helping out on family and friend's coues tags. It's been an amazing year and I'm ready to start all over again. I absolutely love chasing these guys, I feel fortunate I can spend time with people who mean a lot to me, lend a hand and share my passion.

My good buddy Nelson and I with my archery coues. He was the only buck I was hunting, all other were getting a free pass this year.
post-754-0-29485200-1449538102_thumb.jpg

My daughter's boyfriend Alex and his very first big game animal. I set him up with one of my back up bows and helped him dial it in. Set him up in a spot I knew had a few bucks and he took it from there!

post-754-0-58301900-1449538187_thumb.jpg

My buddy Nelson with his bomber double beam coues, this was his target buck we set out to kill.

post-754-0-45090800-1449538256_thumb.jpg

My good buddy Cody with his bad a$$ muzzy buck! I had one heck of time with him and his pops and and we'll have good stuff to laugh about for years to come. Amazing hunt and we give it our all from start to finish!
post-754-0-79587800-1449538870_thumb.jpg

My buddy Nelson called and said he had a good buck located for his uncle. Asked if I could tag along and assist. How could I say no to that! His uncle Toni's best coues buck by far. Slaying monsters at 74 years old. I can only hope that's me some day.
post-754-0-80971500-1449538934_thumb.jpg

My daughter Ashley and her muzzy coues buck. We snuck in after he bedded up and she put him down with a 90 yard shot the second he stood up! Nelson was in on the assist for this buck, but he had to bail early and missed out on the photo shoot....
post-754-0-80121500-1449540133_thumb.jpg

My wife Colleen with her big ol 2 point coues buck. Very special hunt, the two of us backpacked 4 hours into the backcountry. Priceless pretty well sums this up. Love my wife, she's my everything. My buddy Nelson and Harvey helped on some scouting for this hunt for sure, but it was up to Colleen and I to get it done and she was up for the challenge.
post-754-0-71263700-1449539012_thumb.jpg

Last but certainly not least is my friend Larry. I've been telling him to try a hunt for I think 7 or 8 years. I helped him set up his new rifle, loaned him some goodies to help him on his hunt and it was game on. 6 mi round trip that day. Larry and his wife Chrystel even butchered this animal themselves with just a little verbal advise! He's HOOKED to say the least an was one HAPPY HUNTER!
post-754-0-53653300-1449542014_thumb.jpg

Although a couple tags went unfilled, it was definitely a fulfilling season to say the least. Time well spent with the people who mean the most to me.

The grey ghost is an amazing creature.

• Like 18

Congratulations to you and Nelson! All of your hard work and team effort paid off! Heck of a season!

• Like 1

Thanks, for sharing your story. Glad you had a great year.

Looks to me like you are everyones good luck charm…

Can I borrow you for a couple of days after Christmas for my hunt… JK

• Like 1

Team Coues Killers haha.... I'm just lucky to be on the crew. Lots of shared passion for the grey ghost on this team.

There's already a pretty good line up we're hoping to reunite with come 2016.

A biggun gave Nelson and I the slip yesterday, would have been a 105+ inch coues for a new hunter on his first big game animal. Crafty suckers they are for sure.

• Like 3

When coues deer sleep they have night mares about you.

Congrats to all on all the fine bucks. Well done.

• Like 3