HOSS....

San Carlos Rocky Mtn. Sheep Hunt 2015

I was fortunate enough to join the Auction Tag Winner for the San Carlos Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep Hunt 2015. The hunter, Caesar Fonte was looking to completing his slam, and also to join the 700 club. I picked the 2 worst days to hunt, but with persistence and patience we were able to connect on this 180 class ram. Caesar made an incredible shot at 350 yards with sleet and winds topping 30-40MPH crosswind. Huge and deep respect for the animal and also for the hunt itself. Special thanks to my bro Randy Hopkins, Daniel Juan for the help with the hunt on this ram and also the San Carlos Game and Fish Department for an awesome management system to provide high quality game every year..... attached are couple of photos harvested, and when he was alive pre scouting... Ram rough scores right at 180.... God bless all you hunters out there and stay safe this season.

post-5044-0-63944000-1450119478_thumb.png

post-5044-0-47889300-1450119515_thumb.png

post-5044-0-20069200-1450126924_thumb.jpg

post-5044-0-96029400-1450126935_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Boom!!!

He looks bigger than 180

Yeah he's missing a 2x4 chuck off his right horn near the base. Hurt him about 1-2in for length and mass measurement. I didn't even think about a pic from the back to show his character.

Toad

Wow! Great ram and congratulations to you and the hunter! I enjoyed the write-up and the photos, thanks for sharing the hunt with us! That's a heck of a shot to make under those conditions!