Sign in to follow this  
lancetkenyon

Father-in-law

Quick request. I need as many prayers as possible. My father-in-law for the last 29 years has been in the hospital since Monday and is not expected to pull through. I need comfort for the family and father-in-law, and strength for me, because I am the one who has to talk to him this afternoon to discuss quality of life, last wishes, medical wishes, etc. Not sure I can do it without losing it. Might be days, might be a week, might be a couple weeks, but he will never leave the hospital again.

• Like 1

May God give you the words and comfort to your family. Prayers sent

Sorry to hear this Lance. Prayers for you, your father in law and family.

Lance, sorry to hear that. I know how hard it is. I am going through the exact same thing right now. We didn't expect my father-in-law to make it past Christmas. But he keeps chugging along. You just have to have faith that they are in a better place and happier.

Sorry to hear this. Continued prayers for you and your family Lance.

Thanks everyone, for the prayers and condolences.

It is with a heavy heart I say goodbye to a man who changed my life at the age of 16. Without this man, I would not have my wife and kids, the lights of my life. For the past 29 years I have known and loved this kind, generous, and funny man. We hunted together, fished together, laughed together, among many other great times.

I thank God for giving us the last week together to say our goodbyes. It will be a while before the pain subsides, but seeing him in good spirits, and coming back to God over the last week, along with knowing he is in a better place with no more pain or sorrow helps ease the pain. We will meet again, and I know he will be up there watching over us, and laughing at all of the stupid stuff I do until it is my time to go meet him again.

Just a quick mental picture of this man:

50% Uncle Sy from Duck Dynasty

25% Uncle Jed from the Beverly Hillbillies

25% Popeye

100% Elby "Bus" Robertson

• Like 2

So very sorry Lance. Prayers for you and your family for comfort and strength. He is in a better place now. And yes he will be watching and laughing. Take care Brother!