Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Funny Story

Just so you know "Edge" I wont have proper paragraghs. "Or Spelling"

So what happens on Wed night when you are the last one or two awake after dinner and a few cocktails and sitting by the fire at the house. (outside by the way) Well in my case you either end up on the back of one very unhappy equine off in the desert singing old Chris Ladoux songs (NO not cadillac ranch,,, waaaaay older) OR you decide to sharpen your primitive fire starting skills. (for me this is a lack there of said fire starting skills) A few days ago after recovering from a long string of bad days, we had us a good one that got down to about 1 AM. With the fire headed south and me and the wife discussing a really funny youtube video on bushcrafting we had just become tooo familiar with, the night turned from romantic to,,,weeeell to me and my healer fighting off coyotes in the brush.

(insert paragraph but not sure if this is where it goes)

So there I was off in the desert with my trusty healer and my flint steel fire pouch. I set it all up carfully and began striking. Just so you understand, I suck at fire. Im more of an aviation fuel backed up by dryer lint, 2 bushells of steel wool, 2 torn apart 45/70 shells, 1/2 cord of wood dry aged in the Sahara desert, and a pressed log from home depot kind of fire starting dude, I strike this dang thing more times than Nolan Ryan punched oncoming batters from the batters box. Just as I am about to head back to the house to let the wife know she was wrong about my really bad idea for the nightcap I hear my healer let out a groan and a slight snort, Now when I hear this in the house I usually grab my pistol and see what he is looking at (squirel) "can you believe I cant spell squirel" But this time I was medicated so I tell him knock it off and take a few more passes at the rock and steel. 3 or 4 more trys maybe before the next groan and snort, Now I look over and see Jake is in full combat stance and glaring in one specific direction, Yep 2 coyotes sitting as pretty as pie maybe 20 yards off just trying to figure what this clinking sound is and if they can eat it. The next few moments were a blurr of curse words my computer cannot spell check. 10 minutes later I was walking back to the house with healer under one arm, a patch of healer fur in one hand, No flint or steel, picking cactus spines from my shin, and coyote furr from Jakes mouth.

True story,,,,Use caution at my place when the firewood and laptop come out. LOL

• Like 6

Hahahahahaha thanx for the good laugh.always be prepared when your out in the woods.have fun picking the cactus spines from your chin and your wazzzzzuuuu hahaha

Mike

Next time you've had a few Crown Royals and butterscotch, remember that being lit don't make you Thor. Instead, stay your happy butt inside, maybe practice making proper sandwichs for our excursions. Rather than out rolling around with the song dogs and makin a spectacle.

Just saying

• Like 2

"I got up this morning and called them on phone and said to hold my bronc as long as you can"

"My car broke down in Billings and they just got it put together, I'll be photo finishing into old Cheyenne"

I had 3 or 4 of his albums in the late 70's, used to sing his songs while driving the tractors

• Like 1

I was listening to Chris Ladoux before Garth Brooks mentioned him in a song. He did a concert in Tombstone in the mid 90’s and the next day I toured he, his wife and kid around town. A real genuine guy, nothing fancy or flashy, just seemed to be enjoying life. He drove his own, somewhat old, Winabego to the concert and stayed at a local RV park. I would still be listing to country music if there were a few of his type out there.

• Like 3

Last time I saw Mike this lit, we were trail riding with a couple gals out in the Eagletails.

For some odd reason, every time Mike and I go riding together, we encounter balloons. It's the dangdest thing. So we were all drinking and riding, riding and drinking out in the middle of nowhere when I say "Mike, where's all the party balloons?"

Just then we see what we think is a hanglider descending from Courthouse Rock. We ride towards it, of course it's a bunch of party balloons.

Mike's bareback on a skiddish mule, my gf is on a green Arabian and they think it's a good idea to ride over and grab those balloons...

Almost as bad an idea as the time 4 of us were mounted up ready to go looking for a trail near Congress. Mike thought it would be OK to throw a bucket of water on a campfire.

That sound convinced all the animals involved that fire breathing dragons do exist. Got kind of a late start that morning recatching stock and picking cholla out of everything. And this was a ride a friend was trying to get his nerve back to ride again after nearly being killed on a mule on his last ride. Bad sandwiches that day too, just saying.

• Like 1