Sign in to follow this  
daverp

Boquillas new rules / permit structure out

it's important to know that exclusive pursuit outfitters does not run the big bo, so it would be wrong to assume that both owners of exclusive pursuit outfitters made any decisions as to my hunt. however, lee murphy acting as a ranch manager for the big bo, enforced the decisions made by his managers. at least that is how he spins it.

I saw Craig's response to you on another site. Stick it to them if you can! Maybe get a hold of someone on the Navajo Rez and show them the aggrement you had. Maybe if they saw what kind of BS the outfitter/managers is doing they would get a reality check by the people that actually OWN the land.

If you do have the e-mails, and depending on what Mr. Murphy's authority is, you have breech of contract, both verbal and written. If you have what you say you have, you need a lawyer talking for you. One letter may be the grease to get the wheels moving.

trust me, it is very clear in his emails that what i stated is exactly what is written. i am not a litigious person and have a hard time using attorneys to sort out my passion of hunting. that's just not why i bought this tag, or any tag for that matter. it is very disturbing to me, as the issue being discussed here will affect far and wide most sportsmen choosing to hunt in GMU 10 in the forseeable future and it's important to me to let them know what they are up against. only with the majorities voice will they have an outcome acceptable for future generations.

Hopefully there is a way it can be worked out and everyone can play nice. Maybe the 2016 tag holder could help you out?

that would be great. i don't care much about the 2016 tag holder and exclusive pursuit being able to hunt the big bo with their hunter. i wish them all well and much success. however, i would like to be able to use my tag as i see fit there. i stood by their rules, they have retracted on theirs. i post this as a heads up to what sportsmen are dealing with in the future with all associated parties.

It is a state wide tag right? The big Bo isn't the only place with big lope. Maybe try the other A+ units. The rest of 10, 5bn, 9, 18a+b, ect, plenty of options and you have the next 5 months to get it done.

Good Luck ,

oh yeah tight guy. copy that, but their is a very big goat on the big bo! I live in Alaska, don't have five months... heck the goats are even done growing until mid summer.

You need to get with the program and sign up for a vaquero helicopter hunt for antelope.😂

• Like 2

ok , for all to see, one smidgeon of my email traffic from big bo and lee murphy regarding my hunt. read in bold. come on, lets hear it. how am i wrong.....

Shane,
Good Morning, I have CC'd Chad this email as well.

Attached is the Big Bo Ranch rules and also a copy of the outfitter guide permit.

Please read rule number 7 that pertains to auction tag holders in the ranch rules. You and your guides are allowed access only during the season dates which is a year-long.

On the guides permit in the second to last paragraph it also spells this out for the guides.

So as you can see in these examples this is the way the program is set up and written it is not something that I am making a decision on.
The decision I did make was to verbally (by email) allow you and or your guides to be in there before your season date on August 7th to start scouting since it is open to any ranch permit holder at that time anyways. However if either of the current year's auction or raffle antelope hunters have not filled their tags by August 7 and are hunting the Big Bo ranch then I will make a decision. That decision will be to follow the ranch access program to the letter to resend the early scouting privilege starting date of August 7th until August 15th to allow the current tag holder(s) no pressure access.

The reason the ranch access program was set up like this for auction tag holders is to give the current years tag holder(s) the whole season all the way up to the end without any competition or pressure problems. This way the tag holders for antelope that have the tag that ends on August 14 of the current year will have the option to hunt the ranch without anyone else pressuring them.
In your position if you do not harvest an antelope in the early part of your season this year (2015) you would have the same opportunity next summer to hunt and scout the ranch all summer leading up to August 14th with no 2016 auction tag holders in there scouting.
If you have any more questions or require more clarification please let me know.
My Big Bo Ranch phone # is 928-890-4785
Regards,

Lee Murphy
www.huntbigboranch.com