Sign in to follow this  
daverp

Boquillas new rules / permit structure out

I have not found a ranch that has its fenceline properly posted with no trespassing signs EVERY 1/4 mile . They usually only post near roads. Per az law hunting is permitted unless properly posted. If they catch you they can ask you to leave. I have done it many times and dont feel one bit of guilt. Also can the big bo legally keep you from hunting water on the state land sections of the ranch? Are guides allowed to hunt water after they pay the fee?

You bring up some EXELLENT points that I had not thought about. Interesting!!!

Also interested in finding out if using land for payed hunts changes the tax bracket they should pay. After all wildlife is not agriculture.

Yup, the new page is up. $80 across the board, no "HD Hunts", and no cap on permits it appears.

Glad it got resolved, but am thinking the leasee will try this again in a couple years.

• Like 2

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but guide fee has always been $500, as I recall (at least since they started charging fees a few years ago).

Certainly seems to me like the leasee was trying to make some extra coin on the deal and perhaps even go against owner wishes, and the owners (Navajos) may have forced their hand to back off when there was an uproar over it. It is my understanding that historically the Navajos have been very good to work with and fair as far as G&F was concerned, and it was the leasee which was creating the issues and making life tough for G&F and hunters.

Glad they changed it. Hopefully not too many guys gave up on it and put in for the units I do! Sucks it probably changed some people's minds and now they put in and can't change it back. Oh well.

I have not found a ranch that has its fenceline properly posted with no trespassing signs EVERY 1/4 mile . They usually only post near roads. Per az law hunting is permitted unless properly posted. If they catch you they can ask you to leave. I have done it many times and dont feel one bit of guilt. Also can the big bo legally keep you from hunting water on the state land sections of the ranch? Are guides allowed to hunt water after they pay the fee?

You bring up some EXELLENT points that I had not thought about. Interesting!!!

I know some guys that tried that on improperly posted land in ND (similar rule to az). Ended up that states attorney threw out the hunting on posted property case but went after them for criminal trespass which is a non game violation but a criminal one. Apparently all that you need to get someone for criminal trespass is "notification to not be on someone property". They said that can be a simple as them saying I don't want you on my land or even 1 single no trespassing sign on the entire Big Bo. Dunno if that's the case but that's what they ran into so Id be really really careful on that one.

Glad they changed it. Hopefully not too many guys gave up on it and put in for the units I do! Sucks it probably changed some people's minds and now they put in and can't change it back. Oh well.

I was gonna put in for 10 but changed my mind and put in 23 and 3a/3c.

I guess it's good they felt the heat and backed off. I'm still pissed about them charging us to hunt our land. Lark

No shed hunting permits, what's this world come to?!!! Total BS!!!!