Sign in to follow this  
daverp

Boquillas new rules / permit structure out

RINO, John McLame orchestrated a land trade to a foreign mining company to the objection if those having to live with the mine. They (miners) got choice land to shred. We got little fragments of land here and there throughout the state. Him and the Hildebeast are birds of a feather.

mccain is pure $h!t. His first wife fought tirelessly to get him outta the hanoi hilton. The she was paralyzed from the waist down in a car wreck. He repaid her by leaving her broke and in a wheelchair for Az's own skank mafia princess cindy hensley. She's the spawn of pure garbage. Her dad was kemper marleys right hand man. Google those names. That's mccains family now.

I'm a capitalist too but I'd like a little return on my investment. The checkerboard gang gets to use my land for 50 cents and acre but I can't use it. Lark

So what happened to the ORO Ranch. Since I moved here I don't recall that ever being open to the DIY Hunters. I know a Outfitter has been controlling at least the hunting on it for awhile now and seems a pro archery hunter from AZ elk hunts it almost every year as of late. That outfitter and the one controlling the tag #'s on the Boquillas worked together in the past correct? Still struggling with the rancher being concerned about trophy quality and hunter enjoyment on the early hunts, only those early hunts though.

How does NM handle access to checker board private land?

Checkerboard state land is a different entity compared to checkerboard BLM or other federal land. State trust is technically not public land per AZ state law.

Colorado allows no hunting at all on their state trust lands.

So what happened to the ORO Ranch. Since I moved here I don't recall that ever being open to the DIY Hunters. I know a Outfitter has been controlling at least the hunting on it for awhile now and seems a pro archery hunter from AZ elk hunts it almost every year as of late. That outfitter and the one controlling the tag #'s on the Boquillas worked together in the past correct? Still struggling with the rancher being concerned about trophy quality and hunter enjoyment on the early hunts, only those early hunts though.

How does NM handle access to checker board private land?

Here in NM it is bad. You can't corner hop so all trust land that is surrounded by private is off limits unless a public road gives you access. We have been having a fight with our new SLO Commissioner as he wanted $2 million to access state trust land rather than the previous $200,000 our G&F Commission negotiated for hunting and fishing access. The problem is, I am guessing, half our state trust land is land locked or checker boarded so we have to pay for access even though we can't use it. If we had access to all SLO land I would not complain about the $2 million but we have no increase of access and we only use the land 3-5 months out of the year.

The other problem is we are not the primary lease holder so if the rancher says we are having a "round up" and hunting would interrupt us, we don't get to hunt that time. The oil company or any other primary lease holder has the same power. We have had land swaps to do what has been suggested to get rid of the checker board but the land owners get the cream and hunters get left with the hind tit.

It is all about money and seems like AZ land owners looked at NM and I feel sorry for you all if it happens. I went to one G&F Commission meeting here when a ranch owner up by Cuba, NM and Los Alamos was whining about needing more LO tags to pay for the elk damage to the ranch. I said let hunters in and we will take care of the elk herd by reducing numbers. No that would not work they needed more LO tags.

Checkerboard state land is a different entity compared to checkerboard BLM or other federal land. State trust is technically not public land per AZ state law.

Colorado allows no hunting at all on their state trust lands.

bunch of hippies there

im just reading through it all in this thread, sounds corrupt.

• Like 1

Thats bad stuff about mccane. Didn't know that story. Just lost the little respect I did have for him. I know He has done nothing for the

state . That much i knew....................BOB!

Jim deVos, Assistant Director of Wildlife Management at the Arizona Game and Fish Department, provided the following information update regarding the Big Boquillas Hunt Program:

As the deadline approaches to apply for 2016 pronghorn and elk hunt permit-tags, the Arizona Game and Fish Department has been made aware of website information indicating a substantial increase in the permit fee structure for high-demand hunts on the Boquillas Ranch in Game Management Unit 10. This information is on a web domain apparently associated with the ranch's lessee.

The 750,000-acre ranch in northwest Arizona, which accounts for approximately 50 percent of the land in Unit 10, is owned by the Navajo Nation. Game and Fish continues negotiations to renew an access agreement with the Navajo Nation Department of Agriculture. Hunters might have noticed information on the lessee's website indicating that the permit fee rate has been raised to $500 on some hunts, according to: https://huntbigboranch.com/ranch-hunt-access-rates/.

This recently posted increase is not consistent with the negotiations that the department has had with the Navajo Nation. The department and the Navajo Nation remain committed to establishing a lower permit fee structure, as well as reaching a long-term access agreement for the ranch. In December 2015, the Director of the Navajo Department of Agriculture made a presentation to the Arizona Game and Fish Commission indicating a strong commitment from the Navajo Nation to develop a collaborative approach to managing wildlife and hunter access on the Big Boquillas Ranch. In negotiations with the Navajo Nation, the Nation has agreed in principle that modest fee increases are important to preserve hunting and hunter access as part of the collaboration between the department and the Navajo Nation.

In fall 2013, the parties reached an agreement ensuring public access in exchange for Game and Fish enforcement of ranch rules designed to increase respect for the Navajo Nation’s private property on the ranch. The department originally supported a $60 annual Recreational Access Impact fee charged to all people entering the ranch to offset the impacts of recreation. The department’s support of this fee, and the enforcement of the ranch rules, shows its willingness to find new solutions.

• Like 1

J-rod, where did you get that update?

Wow that is interesting. Maybe the Lessee has over-stepped their bounds. AZGFD sounds like they were blindsided by this news, and are indicating that they don't think NN is in agreement. Quite bizarre considering most people have already made application decisions.

Wow, this is really bad. Jay Scott has already done podcasts on this and other outfitters are telling clients all about the fees scuing hunt decisions. Man I feel bad for these guys who hunt up there. What a mess. I think I'm going to just stop even looking at this until it is settled down.

Hard not to say this looks like an outfitters influence on the leasee and some greed.

• Like 2

I don't know if anyone is watching online or not but I am at the Commission meeting in Yuma and the Department staff just reported to the Commission that a handshake deal is done with Navajo and Cholla LLC. Permits will be $80 for everything but antlerless elk which is $50 and $20 for prairie dog. We'll see if it becomes official but the Department seemed pretty confident this deal is done. No mention of any limits.

• Like 3

I don't know if anyone is watching online or not but I am at the Commission meeting in Yuma and the Department staff just reported to the Commission that a handshake deal is done with Navajo and Cholla LLC. Permits will be $80 for everything but antlerless elk which is $50 and $20 for prairie dog. We'll see if it becomes official but the Department seemed pretty confident this deal is done. No mention of any limits.

the_rock_gif_zpsdeuah1ae.gif

The story just keeps getting better and better. Boquillas website has taken down the prior notice and table, but the rules page still references the $500 fees and restrictions.

I have not found a ranch that has its fenceline properly posted with no trespassing signs EVERY 1/4 mile . They usually only post near roads. Per az law hunting is permitted unless properly posted. If they catch you they can ask you to leave. I have done it many times and dont feel one bit of guilt. Also can the big bo legally keep you from hunting water on the state land sections of the ranch? Are guides allowed to hunt water after they pay the fee?

• Like 1