Sign in to follow this  
daverp

Boquillas new rules / permit structure out

cjl2010, it isn't so much the fee, its access, it is that out of 125 archery bull tags, only 30 (50 * .6) DIY hunters are allowed on the part of the unit where historically most of those 125 would have been hunting.

More irony, the state of Arizona owns Arizona's elk herd which means the people of the state own the elk. The land at least in part is state trust land which means its owned by the people of the state. So with this fee you are paying an extra 500 to hunt your elk on your land. Can we rename this piece of property Ponzi Ranch?

• Like 1

Coming to a ranch near you! How bad a$$ is that, that a rancher can now determine what is high demand and what is not so they can crank a bunch more money. pretty soon every ranch will be motivated to make their ranch a HD area cause a couple big deer,elk, antelope, we're killed there once.

The barn door is wide open now. For those of us that don't have deep pockets we better get better jobs!

Spineless AZGFD.............

to those that will defend the dept..... When this spreads, cause the precedent is set, how will you feel then?

• Like 2

I dont know if this public land beyond the ranch is inaccessible or not.

IMO, anyone that owns land and it supports Elk or deer with water, feed and habitat they should charge and have the right to charge whatever they want for people to hunt on it for your/our ELK. It's their fences, their water tanks, habitat and their feed that the elk are either consuming or destroying not to mention what hunters would do in addition to their property. Why shouldn't they charge? are you repairing it?

However, If their property locks out public land then they should have to grant an easement through their property to get to that public land "UNLESS" there is another access road into it. If there is a road or access granted by Forest Service then quit your complaining and use it even if it takes miles to get around the ranch.

With that said, I dont have a lot of money and I wont pay their high dollars to hunt their properties. It's their right to charge but my right to hunt the public land they may or may not have locked out.

Many of you are not from the northeastern states where everyone owns land with very little public. You either lease someone else property to hunt it above and beyond your tag and hunting fees, or you own and dont cross boundaries,. Most leases are average $2000.00. With that being said $500.00 dollars is getting off cheap if you ask me. Yup, I've watched many of really booner bucks across a fence on a neighboring property I did not have permission to hunt on. It's frustrating but it is how it is. Oh and I helped pay for the monster to get as big as he did too, he spent all summer before hunting season on my place. We have it made in Arizona public land hunting.

If only unemployed system sucking worthless pieces of sh!t hunted we could have all this remedied in a heartbeat. A few riots and some "hunting lives matter" signs and this would be resolved quick. Let's get a protest going at the capital next week!

• Like 2

Please keep in mind ranchers do not create waterholes, roads, infrastructure for elk. They create it for livestock and to make money selling livestock. The benefit to wildlife is an ancillary one.

• Like 1

If only unemployed system sucking worthless pieces of sh!t hunted we could have all this remedied in a heartbeat. A few riots and some "hunting lives matter" signs and this would be resolved quick. Let's get a protest going at the capital next week!

i would but i gotta work

So is the ranch saying people cant hunt the public portion of it? Or just not giving access via roads? Meaning walking in from other public lands only. Sorry i am a little late to the discussion.

The problem with accessing the public portions is the Checkerboard nature of the land ownership. One section is State Trust Land, the one next to it is Private, so on and so forth so that a true checkerboard pattern is created. You can't corner hop and you can't simply have roads just going to the public and or private. In other words it's a mess! They should be willing to grant reasonable access to the hunters due to the nature of the land ownership. Its obvious that this particular audience does not believe that this new allocation and fee structure that the Ranch set up is reasonable at all, me included!

So is the ranch saying people cant hunt the public portion of it? Or just not giving access via roads? Meaning walking in from other public lands only. Sorry i am a little late to the discussion.

It is checkerboard and considered open range.... Not every plot has a recognizable boundary ... They have control fences and grazing areas fenced but each range consists of private + State trust land and in essence the Ranch , Who leases state trust for grazing, is essentially claiming it as ranch land ... It is for this reason that Larks idea for a land swap makes sense, as a clear boundary between state trust and Private ranch land could be defined and easements made or given while the Ranch still has the exact same function and access to grazing... Then if the ranch charged it would be for All their private land not a mix of both.. while those who are entitled to hunt state trust land via their hunting license would be able to hunt that portion of Land they have the right to with out additional cost going to the greedy. Remember Big Bo makes up over 50% of the Unit with 1/3 of their claimed ranch land actually State Trust Land.

draw a line!

this is stupid

• Like 1

Is it possible for the Perrin ranch to pull the same chit. They do have designated camp sites and the sign in sign out crap.

Perrins, babbitts, and a whole lot more statewide have the door wide open to this kind of stuff. Stay tuned cause once the cash starts flowing everybody will jump on board eventually. Don't blame em either as I'm a capitalist but that doesn't mean I like it.....

• Like 1