Sign in to follow this  
couesbuck22

First Archery Deer

post-10168-0-65422800-1453744479_thumb.jpgI drew a pig tag and made a few trips down on the days I could without seeing much of anything and then my brother in law Donnie went out with me and we found deer after deer all morning and I glassed up a little mule deer buck and put him to bed and put a stalk on him and it didn't work out I saw a deer walking away so I thought I was busted and walked back up the hill we were glassing on to find out he walked 10 feet and started feeding. I was going to wait for him to bed down to try again and so we kept glassing and found some more deer then my brother in law found this guy and we made the hike into where he was and I hit him a hair low with the first arrow but he didn't run so i knocked another one and the second shot was right where i wanted it and we watched him expire. Looks like I'm gonna ride left bench on the rifle hunts this year but i'm more than happy with this buck i'd do it again next January. When i gutted him out my first arrow hit the bottom of his heart and the second shot center punched both of his lungs it wasn't even a minute from the first shot to when he expired. What made it a little bittersweet is that exactly a year ago from the day I got my first archery deer is the day we put my grandfather in the ground and if you think he wasn't there with us think again! Felt like he was right there with me the whole time. Thanks again Donnie couldn't do it without you brother. post-10168-0-54893100-1453743855_thumb.jpegpost-10168-0-94047900-1453743869_thumb.jpg

post-10168-0-91111600-1453743907_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Nice job man. What a great buck. Congrats. Great write up

Good stuff man, congratulations! Did you stalk that deer in a long sleeve green shirt with blue jeans??

sure did, about the only time i wear full camo is when im calling coyotes

• Like 2

Congrats on that sweet buck man. Special buck for sure!

Congrats on an awesome buck!