firstcoueswas80

backpacking in the southern units, mainly 36b

Fortunately for everyone they dropped their bundles and ran. I was still over an hour from my truck so i just stashed the bundles, GPS'ed it and got out of there. I wouldn't recommend the stashing part :).

im in for the recovery

Only if you have your medical marijuana card. I've packed in a few miles at the end of summit road to the east along the border. Lots of deer I would do it again. I probably wouldn't go to the west off of summit the traffic was higher.

East of Summit is worse than west as far as smuggling goes...

Fortunately for everyone they dropped their bundles and ran. I was still over an hour from my truck so i just stashed the bundles, GPS'ed it and got out of there. I wouldn't recommend the stashing part :).

im in for the recovery

Only if you have your medical marijuana card. I've packed in a few miles at the end of summit road to the east along the border. Lots of deer I would do it again. I probably wouldn't go to the west off of summit the traffic was higher.
It seemed to me that west was worse. With the more organized traffickers. The standard border crossers do not bother me at all. It's the ones that are dealing with other peoples money that I watch. Anyone ever hear of a hunter being hurt/threatened by a border crosser?

im in for the recovery

It seemed to me that west was worse. With the more organized traffickers. The standard border crossers do not bother me at all. It's the ones that are dealing with other peoples money that I watch. Anyone ever hear of a hunter being hurt/threatened by a border crosser?
If you look back at some old posts there's story's of it happening to people on here.

I'd be more interested in how hunts have been ruined when a blackhawk comes through in hot pursuit of a group. Or how many times has a target buck been flushed over the ridge or kicked out of bed by a traveling group. That part would be a bummer after expending all the effort to get back in there.

That and my vehicle being stolen or broken into at the trail head. Haven't spent much time down there but that was my biggest worry. Things happening to my stuff while I was away. Every illegal I've encountered from El Centro to Nogales wanted nothing to do with me. I guess I can't speak for the next one though.

Had one walk below me right below I killed a buck. I shot about 30 seconds after he walked by, turned around to see him picking up the pace after the shot.

• Like 3

2 years ago I was watching a group of 12 heading north while my son shot his buck. They stopped and looked our way for a few minutes then they headed off again as if it was no big deal. They were about 300 yards away.

Was archery hunting in 34b once. Hid along a game trail where I had missed a shot at a nice Coues the day before. No sooner had i settled in when I see a platoon of illegals marching towards me on the trail. No drug packs just illegals marching north to get around the checkpoint on Hwy 90.

They were probably heading another 10 miles to I-10.

They passed so close I could smell them. What a rush, I could have stuck my foot out and tripped them. They were probably from Central America cause man were they tiny, barely 5'.

Suddenly realized they were heading straight to my camp where my wife was alone. So I fell in behind the illegals and followed them until I was within pistol range of camp and I got on a bank where I could watch them.

When the illegals leader saw my camp, they dropped down into a wash directly below camp and kept trucking. They passed within 50' of my old lady who was sitting beside the fire, reading a text book. She never saw a thing.

The border ain't chit anyway. go to West Mesa Arizona walk around on country club or Mesa drive, feel what it's like to be surrounded by 150k-200k illegal Mexican immigrants, more guns and drugs there too than on the border.

• Like 2

The border ain't chit anyway. go to West Mesa Arizona walk around on country club or Mesa drive, feel what it's like to be surrounded by 150k-200k illegal Mexican immigrants, more guns and drugs there too than on the border.

True. Along the border, the illegals just want to get from point A to B with no fanfare.

We ran into a few this past October on our deer hunt in 36b. We left camp maybe around 4:45am on the quads to make our way south. The ride takes us maybe 30 min or so to get to our spot. I would say about half of the ride there is through a big wash. There was four of us on quads that headed out. I remember the moon being really bright and just lit up the hills pretty good. As we are riding in the wash, I noticed heavy smoke in the sky maybe 1/4 mile ahead of us. At first I was thinking, hunters? Nah, illegals! We ride up to a super small fire on the bank of the wash, not 15 feet from us. There in the light of the fire you can see three illegals all balled up trying to hide. They didn't do a very good job as they were only maybe 10 feet away from the fire! The smoke was coming from them trying to put it out. They heard us coming and couldn't get the whole fire put out before we got there. Those three were the only ones we seen personally. I'm guessing they were the ones trying to put out the fire while the rest went to hide. We took off quick as we didn't know if they were mules/armed or not.

Pretty crazy to be that close.

• Like 1

Was archery hunting in 34b once. Hid along a game trail where I had missed a shot at a nice Coues the day before. No sooner had i settled in when I see a platoon of illegals marching towards me on the trail. No drug packs just illegals marching north to get around the checkpoint on Hwy 90.

They were probably heading another 10 miles to I-10.

They passed so close I could smell them. What a rush, I could have stuck my foot out and tripped them. They were probably from Central America cause man were they tiny, barely 5'.

Suddenly realized they were heading straight to my camp where my wife was alone. So I fell in behind the illegals and followed them until I was within pistol range of camp and I got on a bank where I could watch them.

When the illegals leader saw my camp, they dropped down into a wash directly below camp and kept trucking. They passed within 50' of my old lady who was sitting beside the fire, reading a text book. She never saw a thing.

Edge, glad to everything turned out ok at your camp.

• Like 1

So anybody been shot at, robbed, threatened, looked at funny, etc? Other than getting caught between the guys with hk's and their drop off, and a high speed chase through our property. The worse I've seen is a guy in a group of 10 that flipped me and my brother off.