MULEPACKHUNTER

Let's talk tires

Really leaning to the nitto or toyo open country Mt. 2 guys at work have them and are happy but they have lifted trucks with 35 and 37 in tires so may not be the same as stock. They are 10 ply so should be tuff tires

I have been running the Cooper ATP for a few weeks not from my Cooper ST Maxx tires. I am driving more for work and didn't want to kill a new set of good off road tires. The ATP have good sipping. I put these on my original wheels and will buy another set of wheels and tires and switch them out at winter/hunting season,

I have been running Nittos for about 8 years and just made the switch to Toyo AT. The Nittos went on average of 55K on my F250. The first time I put them on I noticed they were more sticky than the Brigstones I replaced.

The newer Nottos have better siping but I just went with Toyo's for the heck of it.

They are noiser but they handle fine and I have 5K on them since about July of last year.

I have BF GOODRICH K02's on my F350 crew cab. They are the best tires I've had for some time. I had Cooper something on and one blew up bad. It looked like a semi tire blown apart on the freeway. I don't know what happened to that tire , I always keep the psi at the correct inflation and checked them regularly and rotate them. When that tire blew up the only thing left was the side walls on the rim.

Majority wins, thanks guys for the feedback. I went with toyo at 2. Although I was waiting til the last second hoping the new ridge grapplers came out but no one can get them in 18 in yet. Anyway I will update how these do, so far really good in some mud and on street. Super quiet and they eat up some of the bumps. They look sweet too.

post-10379-0-36461900-1470191366_thumb.jpeg

Almost forgot, I have never been anywhere but discount and even though individual locations can suck , if you call around and are reasonable they will work with good customers. I have 7 vehicles on the road and have had 10 in their system. I walked out the door at 1457. With my truck and 2 e rated trailer tires. Well under listed prices. The at 2 were 249.00 each.

Not bad at all. What you will find with Toyos and nittos is that the prices will change drastically depending on how many tires are available in the state. I would say you have done well. Especially for an 18" rim

I run the same tire on my Ram. Make sure you rotate them frequently because the fronts will start cupping.

That is usually an indication of worn out shocks but you may just need a shock more suited to your vehicle.

• Like 1

Curious as to experience/feedback with Big O Tire "Bigfoot AT". They advertise buy 3 get one free. That doesn't mean the tires are good for all-purpose or off road, but possibly ok for light duty.

forepaw