MULEPACKHUNTER

Let's talk tires

Guest 300ultramag.

Bridgestone dueler at revo 2.

have ran them on my dodge 2 Chevys and now I will have them on my Toyota. When I can make it in. The only negative I have experienced was when driving in that clay mud they gummed up pretty good. I'm not sure if any tire can perform in the clay. They have pretty sturdy ride and a mileage warranty.

Toyo at 2

• Like 1

toyo at2 is where its at, have many customers that hit the same terrain that alot of us do when we hunt and they regularly see 50k out of them.. the new bfg KO2 is a solid second choice, they have alternating sized tread blocks that really reduce noise and i havent had anybody that has been dissapointed with them yet, its gonna be a consistent 35-40k tire on diesels... cooper atp would be my last choice, i put them on my dads truck and they did well on dirt but when it got muddy they didnt clean out very well. put the nitto G2's on and they do much better and are quieter. you see more road noise out of the coopers once they start to wear, and they cup past 15k miles on every diesel ive worked on even with consistent rotation. if you go through discount and decide you want toyos they will have to order them, we are not stocking them yet but we are getting prepared to from what im told. but if you call ahead and call in the a.m. they can get them same day for you.

• Like 1

One thing I will say for the BFG vs. Toyo AT2's is the BFG's are WAY better in the snow and ice. Last Christmas I was in Colorado with the Toyo's. Often when I was parking in my inlaws driveway I would have to hit 4x4 to back into my normal parking spot. This year with the same kind of ice/snow conditions I backed right in the same spot in 2wd. I was shocked at the difference in snow/ice traction between the 2.

• Like 1

Another Toyo at 2 vote here. I have on light truck but have been very impressed with on and off road. Better then I would have thought in the mud as well.

I ran cooper st maxx loved them and did well in all conditions, mud okay as its not a mud tire. Now as I'm driving to work more, put on cooper atp.

im not tire sensitive, i want muds on everything. best mud terrains out there are the goodyear kevlar mtr (have them on 2 trucks). i love them. yokohama ats are really good if you want less aggressive and are worried about mileage. ill probably go back to them on my wifes truck (bfg ko). had the copper st maxx and i liked them but didnt have them long enough to give a good review. bfg km2s are okay, nothing bad or great about them. we go through A LOT of tires at work and ive seen them all. Toyos are good but pricey but good.

• Like 1

Just got the new BFG All Terrain KO2s on my jeep. I like the new changes they made to the tire. Handles great and is very quiet. With the old KOs I would get about 40K on them (same mileage on three sets of them, with daily off road use), hoping to get more mileage on the new style as they say it's supposed to be a lot more durable.

here is a review on the new KO2s

http://blog.caranddriver.com/baja-fresh-we-sample-bfgoodrichs-new-onoff-road-tire-the-all-terrain-ta-ko2/

What's the load rating and any experience with towing performance on the Toyo AT2 and the new BFG KO2? Sounds like Mulepackhunter has similar driving habits to me and a little more towing...I'm interested in what folks think on the towing side.

Lots of guys for the Michelin tires. I guess im on the other end of that. I had one blow out at 17,000 miles and another at 25,000 miles and they tore out my front fenders and bent my bumper. Bought them at Discount new, 70,00 mile warranty. They were less than a year old when they blew. Tread came right off at 70 miles an hour on the freeway. Discount replaced them for free, I put in a claim and Michelin replaced my damaged fenders, HOWEVER, they said they inspected the tires under investigation and found nothing wrong. Thats where I got turned off. any manufacture can have a defect and in most cases it will be in a lot/group. I could have lost control as they were on the front end both times and things could have been worse. I had also pointed out to Discount that the tire that blew at 25,000 had evidence of broken belts. They disagreed and said Michelin would not honor the warranty under for those bad spots. All Michelin had to do was be honest about the defect in those 2 tires. Instead they either flat out lied and didn't do the investigation. Or they did it and still lied about the results. either way, Im done with Michelin tires. BTW, I had them on every truck I ever owned.

Lots of guys for the Michelin tires. I guess im on the other end of that. I had one blow out at 17,000 miles and another at 25,000 miles and they tore out my front fenders and bent my bumper. Bought them at Discount new, 70,00 mile warranty. They were less than a year old when they blew. Tread came right off at 70 miles an hour on the freeway. Discount replaced them for free, I put in a claim and Michelin replaced my damaged fenders, HOWEVER, they said they inspected the tires under investigation and found nothing wrong. Thats where I got turned off. any manufacture can have a defect and in most cases it will be in a lot/group. I could have lost control as they were on the front end both times and things could have been worse. I had also pointed out to Discount that the tire that blew at 25,000 had evidence of broken belts. They disagreed and said Michelin would not honor the warranty under for those bad spots. All Michelin had to do was be honest about the defect in those 2 tires. Instead they either flat out lied and didn't do the investigation. Or they did it and still lied about the results. either way, Im done with Michelin tires. BTW, I had them on every truck I ever owned.

Exact same thing happened to me several years back. Man they tear up the truck. Michelin Scorpion AT 10 ply just kept seperating after a year. Never ever again. Have the Nitto Terra Grappler AT and very happy with them now.