Sign in to follow this  
codyhuntsaz

What would you do

I've been in the market for a while for a long-range rifle. This is going to be my first attempt at setting up a long-range rifle. I now have two to choose between and would like to get the opinions from some of you more knowledgeable guys. The first rifle I can purchase is a brand-new savage long range hunter 300 WinMag shipped to my door for $725. The other rifle is a Remington 700 Sendero 300 rum fired 46 times. The price on that one will be $1150 to my door. Which rifle would you suggest going with? No gunsmithing work done to either.

If you have proof the Sendero shoots sub moa I would buy it. If not I would go with the Savage.

Buds gun shop sells remington 300 ultra senderos for $1087.00 shipped brand new. Add $50.00 for ffl transfer, and you are still cheaper than the used one.

Model 700 all day baby. But can you afford the scope????

Model 700 all day baby. But can you afford the scope????

Not right now but I will be able to down the road. Don't need the set up in a hurry so I wanna do things right.

Howa 1500. Replace the trigger with a timney. mine shoots sub moa all day long. with a berger vld I am shooting close to .6 moa. in the 300 win caliber.

I have a savage lrh in 338 lapua though. No BS, shoots .25MOA. Sub .5" groups at 200 yards consistently. They do seem kind of "cheap" but for whatever reason, they really shoot well. Most bang for your buck IMHO

• Like 2

Here is a 3 shot group my wife shot with a sendero 7mm mag at 750 yards. Not sure if all senderos shoot the same though.post-8438-0-86029200-1457478075_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Personally I would go with the Savage and not think twice. Put the $400 savings into the scope.

• Like 2