Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

is anybody out lookin'?

I think most people have learned to keep it quiet until the season is over!

• Like 1

I went out last Saturday and like TwoGuns hiked 6-7 miles found nothing. Did see a bull that recently dropped but couldn't find his sheds.

post-4217-0-23373100-1458847303_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Found this guy last Sunday, my only sheds for this year though. Sheds are rare for me this year as well.

post-10573-0-41138100-1458870231_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I've been out a handful of times, hiked probably close to 50 miles and only come across an old rag horn and a coues shed. Saw 2 nice 5x5s out running around yesterday still

Was up in 8 last weekend. Saw alot of elk and deer. Even got to see those elusive pine tree antelope. Found quad tracks way into a spot we had to hike in 3-4 miles. Good thing we didnt catch him... Found more trash than we could carry. Pretty irritated with peoples lack of respect for nature. No antlers found.

• Like 1

Was up in 8 last weekend. Saw alot of elk and deer. Even got to see those elusive pine tree antelope. Found quad tracks way into a spot we had to hike in 3-4 miles. Good thing we didnt catch him... Found more trash than we could carry. Pretty irritated with peoples lack of respect for nature. No antlers found.

Were the elk and deer still packing?

Were the elk and deer still packing?
deer still packing. Elk were all missing headgear

We saw quite a few bulls today packing their headgear. Saw probably one bull that didn't have sheds,t he other few bulls we saw that were of good quality were still packing. Strangely enough, saw 4 bucks that had fully shed, one buck that only had one side, and one buck that had both sides. Deer in my parts usually don't shed until late April, elk usually start dropping in the beginning of March, it's totally backwards this year.

only finding rag horn drops. Think some of the big boys dropped real early this year and with the weather being that it was there were guys out from the beginning of February. See lots of people finding a few but not like past years where you can just clean up in an area.