Sign in to follow this  
Mountainman99

So is it legal...

Yep, No reason a guide service that also takes care of client apps couldn't offer me money to use my 12 elk points to help a NR client leapfrog others for a unit 10 late rifle. Probably be worth a couple grand for someone to shave off 4 or 5 years wait depending on how many points they have to put in.

Can't wait to see the Craiglist ads.

Kent

• Like 1

If you have 15 points and the guy that "buys" your points has 0 points of his own the application will receive 8 points. That's not worth diddley squat in my opinion. You' might get a late tag like 8 or 7w or 5. I don't think anyone is going to pay you much unless you agree to return his money if he doesn't draw.

• Like 1

If you have 15 points and the guy that "buys" your points has 0 points of his own the application will receive 8 points. That's not worth diddley squat in my opinion. You' might get a late tag like 8 or 7w or 5. I don't think anyone is going to pay you much unless you agree to return his money if he doesn't draw.

But for someone with 5 points, buying someone with 22 points would put the app at 14 points. You can get some pretty dang good hunts with that number.

Shoot, for that matter, if you only had 2 points (loyalty and hunter ed), you could get that app up to 12 points by sharing that that same 22 point person.

I've started building my wife's points as of last year when I found out this was coming down the pipeline. I'll be able to hunt some half way decent hunts every 2-3 years with point building and sharing now.

Yep, No reason a guide service that also takes care of client apps couldn't offer me money to use my 12 elk points to help a NR client leapfrog others for a unit 10 late rifle. Probably be worth a couple grand for someone to shave off 4 or 5 years wait depending on how many points they have to put in.

Can't wait to see the Craiglist ads.

Kent

For a couple grand a guy could just buy a landowner tag in new mexico or a unit wide auction tag in utah for $4k.

• Like 1

But for someone with 5 points, buying someone with 22 points would put the app at 14 points. You can get some pretty dang good hunts with that number.

Shoot, for that matter, if you only had 2 points (loyalty and hunter ed), you could get that app up to 12 points by sharing that that same 22 point person.

I've started building my wife's points as of last year when I found out this was coming down the pipeline. I'll be able to hunt some half way decent hunts every 2-3 years with point building and sharing now.

You can only surrender your tag once per species though.

I'm looking for someone holding out for rifle bull, preferably someone with 16-17 points who doesn't mind just getting a bonus point this year and some cash so I can get a 1 archery tag. I got my unit 10 goat tag lined up already.

my old man is thinking about applying with a "buddy or buddies" for antelope. 24 points....it's going to be an interesting year leading up the to draw. :)

I'm looking for someone holding out for rifle bull, preferably someone with 16-17 points who doesn't mind just getting a bonus point this year and some cash so I can get a 1 archery tag. I got my unit 10 goat tag lined up already.

You're going to need a horse to hide behind ;)
  • Like 2