Looking at possibly putting in for this 4th or 5th choice. Anyone have any issues here as far as illegals are concerned? How is the hunting? Lots of deer? Mature bucks? Let's hear it. PM me if you want.

I hunted it for the first time last year. We went 3 for 3 and never saw an illegal. I did see evidence they were there, but never laid eyes on them. As far as quality of deer, we killed both of the bigger bucks we saw. Lots of deer, just not very many mature bucks. I am looking forward to hunting it again this year in hopes of exploring more area. We did not even scratch the surface of checking out the areas I wanted to. There were a TON of hunters, but we managed to escape the crowds pretty easily.

• Like 2

Agree with everything above. Iv hunted it two times. Last year we stayed two nights and had illegals come through both nights. Plenty of deer but I wouldn't trophy hunt this unit. Lots of people. With that being said if I don't draw my first couple choices(I'm sure I wont) I'll be down there again.

• Like 1

Sleeper unit for sure don't get to picky though .. I hunted that unit for over 5 years biggest was 95" , but I have seen some monsters come outta there .. I wouldn't worry too much about the illegal thing just mind your business and if needed shoot first ask questions later ..

• Like 2

Im looking into the same hunts down south. My plan is to start building points for the strip and buy leftover tags till I get to hunt giant muleys.

its typical southern AZ hunting. lots of illegal, lots of hunters, if there were lots of mature bucks there wouldnt be 600 leftovers.

Pretty much his in a nut shell. I always hunt 36 a and b. Easy to draw but deal with border patrol and lots of other hunters.

I'll be down there again.

See ya there, Double or nothing on that $10 you owe me? Bring your homeboys cash too. Kennyazman I haven't forgot about you guys either.

• Like 1

I'll be down there again.

See ya there, Double or nothing on that $10 you owe me? Bring your homeboys cash too. Kennyazman I haven't forgot about you guys either.
Game on! I'm goin to try and not be a little sissy when the wets come into camp so I don't shoot the first little guys I see.....but probably not:)

And to make it official I think I need the measurements of yours and kennyazman, it looked pretty close;)

• Like 1

Economy is turning. There will be more illegals. Most people that hunt south of i10 have seen dead bodies and kilos of cocaine. I would not put in and only hunt 21 and 22

• Like 3