Hunted down there for several years. Archery, rifle, youth rifle. Moved back up north after the last 2 years. If you are looking for quality, they are far and few between, and the pressure is over the top. Just my opinion.

I just go to to eat cheeseburgers at the bar in arivaca and have that one old dude dude with the beard tell me the same joke for 7th year in a row. I know one of you dudes is bound to know what Im talking about

• Like 3

Thanks for all of the insight everyone!

I just go to to eat cheeseburgers at the bar in arivaca and have that one old dude dude with the beard tell me the same joke for 7th year in a row. I know one of you dudes is bound to know what Im talking about

?

post-11051-0-48408400-1464038461_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

?

attachicon.gifCOWSKULL_BAR_72DPI.JPG

that skull is sick, i want to buy it and move it to the valley and make my own country bar.

It's had its ups and downs. Drove past it once years ago after a fire gutted it.

Probably first went in it with my pops 45-50 years ago, my dad had an account there. The image of that skull has always stuck with me.

• Like 1

It's had its ups and downs. Drove past it once years ago after a fire gutted it.

Probably first went in it with my pops 45-50 years ago, my dad had an account there. The image of that skull has always stuck with me.

thats cool i didnt know how old it was, i figured 70's.

i thought that place was closed? the cow palace (across the street) has the best burger ive eaten, and part of their building is over is like 100 years old or something.

• Like 1

i thought that place was closed? the cow palace (across the street) has the best burger ive eaten, and part of their building is over is like 100 years old or something.

I almost stopped in the cow palace last year. Going to give it a try this year.

There is that taco truck about 40 yards north of the cow skull. Pretty good food.

And to make it official I think I need the measurements of yours and kennyazman, it looked pretty close;)

Nah man I think his was definitely bigger. I'll be there again if I don't draw. Looking forward to it actually.

• Like 1

And to make it official I think I need the measurements of yours and kennyazman, it looked pretty close;)

Looking forward to it actually.

these hunts, they suck you in.

im thinking of doing a later one this year though. because of the snakes.

• Like 1

Lots of average size deer, but there are some really nice deer out there to be found as well! If meat is what you are wanting there is plenty.

As for illegals...

Had our Javelina hunt in 36a 3 years ago. My buddy, younger brother and I head out of camp on opening day. We get into some pigs, brother misses and we try to get on them again. Couldn't find the herd they were long gone. We decide to head back to camp and have some lunch. On the way back to camp we are walking in a wash when I notice something small/dark in the middle of the wash. I glass it up and can't really make out what it really is. All I can tell is that its black. We keep making our way down the wash. As we get closer we notice that its a black plastic bag. Those ones you find out in the southern units all the time. Now this isn't out of the ordinary but what got me was that the black was perfectly clean/new. No dust on it whatsoever, almost like they just pulled it out. We look around and to the left of us just above the wash on the bank there is 3 camo backpacks (jansport type backpacks) sitting right up. Not old, sun dried, etc. These backpacks were in good condition. So right then and there we all start scanning the area to see if we can spot anyone? I think these guys heard us talking down the wash and went and hid before we got to them. This was only maybe 1/4 mile away from our camp on the opposite hill side. We got to camp and called it in. What was weird was that the BP chopper was there super quick. I don't know if they got our call and came that quick or if the 2 hunters on the rhino we seen earlier in the same area seen us and thought we were illegals and called us in Hahaha. Dark skinned and with a beard, I would've called BP on myself too! :lol: I'm the darkest in my family so I'm usually the butt of the illegal jokes in camp hahaha. Either way BP chopper flew right by our camp and gave em the thumbs up!

Much respect goes out to BP! Be safe out there!

• Like 1

First hunted 36A in 1987 - saw illegals back then and have seen them on every trip since then. Back then, none of them had a gun, now-a-days, almost all of do. Getting away from hunters in 36A seems a little harder these days. I have also seen alot of illegal traffic in 34B. Maybe due to the numerous Highways in both of these units. From my experiences, 36A and 34B seem to have the most illegal traffic.

But, with that said, I have seen illegals in 36C, 36B, 34A, 35B, and 30A.........I guess I have seen illegals in every unit I have hunted south of Tucson.