Sign in to follow this  
azowl

My first deer 1986

I grew up having never seen a deer in the wild till I was 21. I literally started from scratch on my own for the most part and it took me 9 years to finally get a deer. I was drawn for a great hunt in the desert and a work mate who was a very successful hunter took pity on me and helped me get this deer. He took me to his spot, this was actually only the 3rd largest deer I saw that day but he was the one I ended up with and I have no regrets. I watched him battle another buck. He's 28 5/8" outside width.

My 1st's are: 1st javalina in 1984, deer in 1986, antelope in 1990, elk in 1998, bison in 2009, Coues in 2011, turkey in 2013, lion in 2016. Still need bear and sheep for the 10.

Hunting doesn't come naturally to me but I do have the determination to stay with it until I succeed!

Mule Deer 1986.pdf

post-14492-0-14069900-1464401176_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

I had trouble loading a jpg file so I tried it in pdf. Still had to click on it but I'll keep trying. There are some others too, a dozen piggies, half that many deer, 4 elk, I think that's it. Thanks:)

Helluva first buck bud, nice!

Nice buck and nice cj5.

• Like 2

What a first buck!! I cut my teeth on several spikes and 2 points before even seeing a buck that big. Like the jeep also!!

My first Buck was a 4x4 from Horseshoe Lake area but not near that wide. Yours is a great Buck Mine was a nice Buck. Have to see if I can dig out a old Pic..................BOB!

My first Buck was a 4x4 from Horseshoe Lake area but not near that wide. Yours is a great Buck Mine was a nice Buck. Have to see if I can dig out a old Pic..................BOB!

Did they have cameras that far back?