lancetkenyon

Things That Piss Me Off

I am not one to complain much...but I have to rant about three totally unrelated occurances I have observed in the past couple days.

1. Yesterday, at Cabela's. While perusing the reloading components near the gun counter, I overheard one of the most irresponsible comments come out of a salesman's mouth. I know they are there to sell guns, but come on. A customer was looking at a Remington Sendero in .300WM. Now I don't know the customer or his shooting experience. But the salesman, as he is passing the rifle to the customer, asks another salesman standing outside the gun counter, "The Sendero in .300WM will make anyone able to kill an elk at 1000 yards, right?" To which the response from salesman #2 was, "No question about it."

2. Sitting in Taco heck this morning grabbing some breakfast between sites, I see 3 "homeless" guys inside. Dirty clothes, cardboard signs by their feet, dogs waiting outside, the whole 9 yards. They are all playing online games on their iPads. Each one. Then they leave and climb in their newish Chevy Tahoe.

3. Last Friday, I went to get some subs at Jimmy Johns. I saw a guy walking around the parking lot when I went in. When I came out, he approached to ask for money because, "I haven't eaten in a couple days." I don't give money out, but I dropped my subs in my truck, and said, "I will buy you some lunch. Let's go into Jimmy Johns." He said, "Never mind." And walked away.

My disappointment in the masses increases daily.

• Like 14

Yup. The "homeless" people are getting worse. Lots of able minded and bodied people out there with no dignity begging for money.

I drove past a Jack in the Box yesterday advertising the windows "NOW ACCEPTING EBT"

There should be no monetary handouts and no minimum wage. This would take care of many issues in our society.

• Like 2

There is a "homeless" guy with "cancer" at the 17 and Greenway just about everyday.. Holding the same sign saying "I only need $24 for a room tonight".. I watch people give him money and afterwards he adds the cash to his existing stack of cash that he pulls out of his pocket...

I work my butt off and I don't make chump change but, this guys has better cash flow than I do!!!

The last time I gave money to a guy in front of a store (never again), my wife said "You can at least say thank you" so.... He punched her in the face!!! In front of my son who was 5 years old at the time!! He was terrified until daddy showed him what to do to somebody that hurts a lady.. HAHA

• Like 3

I agree with everything posted here. And want to ad my anger regarding the fires burning up North because of abandoned campfires. Those idiots need to be removed from society.

• Like 3

What I hate is when they use kids to stand by them, often in extreme heat to play on people's emotions.

I can't stand people who value an animals life equal to or more of another human life. Case in point: the people who are outraged at the gorilla that was put down to save a 3 year old boy.

• Like 8

I you are going to drive like an idiot please have a coueswhitetail sticker on the back so I can make sure not to Yell as bad. Seems like the heat made everyone a horrid driver these days either speeding, running a red light or cutting people off. I'm never in a much of a hurry and life is too short to drive like a Jack A$$.

• Like 6

Oh and anyone who thinks Hillary is a good presidential candidate.

• Like 9

There was a couple last weekend outside of Denver holding a sign calling themselves the "litter buds". They had a couple of big trash bags full of garbage and one of the two was sacking trash around the intersection. At least they were doing something meaningful. I gave out a buck.

• Like 1

People that don't put their shopping carts away in the store parking lot

People that don't give you a courtesy wave when you let them over in traffic

those are my big 2 and my wife gets a kick out of how much it irks me

• Like 7