lancetkenyon

Things That Piss Me Off

The "homeless" thing is a hard one. I go by the following saying:

"What you do with your money is between you and God. What they do with the money you give them is between them and God."

At the same time, I don't ever give to the street corner pan handlers. It seems that those are the people faking it. To be honest, I prefer to help the people you find in the back corners of parking lots under a tree taking a rest next to their shopping cart of belongings. They seem to be the real homeless people and the ones that actually need the help.

Back when Manzanita Speedway was still around (I grew up there as my grandfather owned the place), I was there all the time. There was a guy that would pan handle the corners all up and down 35th Ave. and would come to that gas station there just off where the parking lot used to be. I'd talk to him a bunch and finally he told me his whole story. He drove a new F250, had a big newer home off 67th and Happy Valley, and took in 60-100k cash and paid no taxes while only "working" 4-6 hours a day. It's just crazy that people make a living doing this. It pisses me off.

• Like 1

People that use the phrase " first world problem".

isn't that what this thread is? And the PC term is "first world problems"

Check your white privilege at the door, my friend.

technically I'm Italian by decent but only claim to be American. But yes, white privilege and guilt is a HUGE! Problem in this country! I'm proud to be American, here legally, and productive in society.

The ONLY white privilege left in this country is a sun burn...

• Like 6

I am not one to complain much...but I have to rant about three totally unrelated occurances I have observed in the past couple days.

1. Yesterday, at Cabela's. While perusing the reloading components near the gun counter, I overheard one of the most irresponsible comments come out of a salesman's mouth. I know they are there to sell guns, but come on. A customer was looking at a Remington Sendero in .300WM. Now I don't know the customer or his shooting experience. But the salesman, as he is passing the rifle to the customer, asks another salesman standing outside the gun counter, "The Sendero in .300WM will make anyone able to kill an elk at 1000 yards, right?" To which the response from salesman #2 was, "No question about it."

Those bastards! How dare they talk about shooting and hunting in a gun store!!!

What is this world coming to gentlemen?

I realize that most of your posts are playing "Devil's Advocate" or just to stir the pot, and I appreciate it most of the time. But you have to admit, whether you post it publicly or not, that the comment by he salesman was ignorant. Any rifle, even a $10,000 custom rifle in .338 Lapua with $7,000 optic won't make "Anyone capable of killing an elk at 1000 yards". The rifle certainly would be, but not every SHOOTER is capable.

• Like 2

Every morning I stop at the local Circle K for a coffee. The manager is a casual friend of mine. This morning the 3 people in front of me paid for their junk with an EBT card. When I got to the counter I asked Herman if he accepts hard earned money for payment? We both got a laugh. Some people behind me were not amused.

Welfare leaches piss me off.

• Like 4

It really pisses me off when my wife won't let me finish a sentence

• Like 2

And the number one post that pisses me off are the ones that take tooo long to understand because you have to wade through the bad spelling, incoherent sentences, and comments that have zero basis in fact.

• Like 1

I can't stand the hypocrictal holy rollers that are constantly crediting God & his plan for the fact that they're broke and struggle financially. Instead of praying for a miracle, try starting a savings account and stop pissing away $10 a day on crap from the gas station.

• Like 1

I can't stand the hypocrictal holy rollers that are constantly crediting God & his plan for the fact that they're broke and struggle financially. Instead of praying for a miracle, try starting a savings account and stop pissing away $10 a day on crap from the gas station.

I can't say I've ever heard someone credit God for being broke? And even if they do, how is that hypocritical exactly??

The thing that pisses me off are the drivers who use the left lane on the highway as a driving lane. It is a passing lane but no they will have nobody in front of them and they are doing 10 miles under the speed limit in the left lane so you have to pass on the right since they won't move over to the right lane.

• Like 4