coues7

Fixins for another huge fire

It would have had to be lightening from Thor

Brian

• Like 1

Logs/trees can get struck and smolder for days before really taking off. Happened by our ranch the other day. Believe it or not Woody

• Like 1

Logs/trees can get struck and smolder for days before really taking off. Happened by our ranch the other day. Believe it or not Woody

Yup. Been on many fires that were spotted 4-5 days after the storm passes. It will just smolder until all the right conditions come together. Then boom! It takes off.

There were storms in the area just a few days ago, so it's possible.

I believe it was started from the meteor. ;)

Brian

• Like 3

On my way home from scouting at 1130 am saw the first little chimney of smoke from it. 10min later drive right by it and the flames were already headed up to the top of the ridge. It was running fast.

Brian

I understand it was windy, but holy smokes at how fast it blew it up.

Is that because they back burn so much?

On my way home from scouting at 1130 am saw the first little chimney of smoke from it. 10min later drive right by it and the flames were already headed up to the top of the ridge. It was running fast.

Brian

I understand it was windy, but holy smokes at how fast it blew it up.

Is that because they back burn so much?

I'm not sure crews were even on it yet. Right at cedar canyon bridge there was a WMAT G&F and that was the only official vehicle we saw all the way up to Show Low. It is just so thick and dry that it had a straight easy run up the steep ridge. By the time we got to Lakeside you could see it was a rolling from the smoke.

Brian

• Like 1

We have the same thing going over here in the Manzano mountains about 15-20 miles from my house. Started yesterday and went from about 8 acres to about 1000 in 8 hours. Tonight it is 11 and looks like the sun is coming up. Hopefully they can get it controlled soon. It is going to be a bad year for fires. No cause on this one yet but I would lay money on it being man caused.

Ya I'm stupid grey ghost , never heard of this before, haha but rodeo chidaski supposably started the same way until they caught the Indian, and don't no if you remember the dude fire in 91 they tried to say the same thing but it was the boy scouts, no crap they smolder thanks for the schooling, da

Whatever the cause it, there's certainly a lot of people on edge up here. Pre-evacuation notices have been issued for Show Low, Pinetop/Lakeside, McNary, Hon-Dah, Fort Apache and surrounding areas. Forestdale is already being evacuated according to the link Doug provided. The good news is, the wind has subsided, giving crews a good shot at back-firing it tonight. I saw a lot of air support and crews up and down my road all afternoon. All we can do is hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

• Like 2