Sign in to follow this  
5guyshunting

Tombstone Tactical

My wife ordered and put a down payment on an AK. The gun was available for pick up today, so I went with her for the pick up.

Up on our arrival they asked for payment and it was finalized. They then had her sit at a computer and fill out her background info. Then they entered the gun info and serial #. We were then told to wait and see if she was approved.

I questioned the clerk why we paid for the gun before the background check and he replied "thats the law". I then told him that I have never paid before the check at every place I have ever purchased a gun.

Next he said, every other place is doing it illegal. He was kind of a chit head. (They charge you $25.00 if you don't pass the background check) ?

Got the gun home and checked it out a little more and realized there was no owners manual in the box.

Gave them a call , and it was O' well call the manufacturer.

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I won't go back to Tombstone Tactical. :(

Glad to see the 25$ charge! When I used to sell guns, I had many,many times where I knew this guy/girl was waiting my time with the background check. Profiling works... Lots of guys get delayed, then never come back to pick their gun up. Paying for the gun before the background check would certainly end that practice. As far as illegal, I highly doubt that. I think they blew a little smoke on that one.

If your AK is a Century arms import, I do not think mine came with any paperwork either. My AK is one of my favorite SHTF guns I own. Super reliable, and plenty accurate enough to end any threat.

I've been told so many different ways of doing it I can't remember them all! Half the time I'm told different from the same store with different salesmen. I've always just gone with the flow but I've never paid before a background check or when I had my ccw I never paid before any paperwork was filled out. Store policy and how they read the law at a particular store dictates what happens.

Well if that was the case I am doing it wrong then. I have never heard of a charge for not passing a check.It is just a phone call. ?????

• Like 1

When you go to sportsmans warehouse they run the check at the gun counter then walk you to the register to pay.

When you buy a gun online you pay first then run the check at pick up

I don't think it matters which comes first.

• Like 1

I wonder if it's because you are close to the border. Tombstone tactical in chino valley has always treated me well. J&G guns in Prescott never charges till I'm approved

I wonder if it's because you are close to the border. Tombstone tactical in chino valley has always treated me well. J&G guns in Prescott never charges till I'm approved

Phoenix, not the border.

I have been in there twice. Once too many times.

First time, I was looking at the higher end scopes, and kept looking over at 3 different sales people standing behind the counter shooting the bull. They never once asked if I needed help. I had $2500 in cash in my pocket. I walked out.

The second time, I went in looking for a specific item. A cheek riser for an AR stock. After 10 minutes of wandering around as the only customer in the store, a guy asked me, in passing, if I needed help, but kept walking. I asked if they had cheek risers that fit an AR stock, and he kept walking. There were 2 other employees in the store behind the counter, just talking to each other. So I walked too, right out the door. I won't be back.

I have never heard of paying for a firearm prior to running the background check. I have bought at numerous gun stores in the Valley. Both small private owned stores, and the big chains. Cabela's, Sportsman's, Bass Pro, Randall's, Lone Wolf, Scottsdale Gun Club, Pistol Parlor, gun shows, etc.

• Like 3

I actually like the $25 fee for a failed check. It would keep alot of the rif Raf from trying to buy guns. I used to work at the arizona sportsman way back and it would have saved alot of time and labor dollars for customers who can buy things.

As far as TT goes I am neutral. I have been in a couple time with ok results. I was just kicking tires though.

if a felon tries to buy a gun they are supposed to be arrested, not charged $25.

But the Obama justice dept refuses to enforce it

• Like 4

Im not sure it's legal to charge for a failed background? There really is no service rendered, and it's not like bouncing a check.

None the less, after the above reviews, I'll never be going there anyways.

• Like 2

Present CWP card at time of purchase if you have one and should be no problem in my experience. You most likely will be asked how do you want to pay.

• Like 1

I would still rather go to TT than Lone Wolf.

• Like 1