Sign in to follow this  
sherman

Who is ready???

Oh ok thanks. I happened to do that 3 times in a new area we found last year,but I've never heard of a quail slam before. One morning I got a male and female of all 3 species,I remember thinking it was pretty cool

Oh ok thanks. I happened to do that 3 times in a new area we found last year,but I've never heard of a quail slam before. One morning I got a male and female of all 3 species,I remember thinking it was pretty cool

Lucky MF

• Like 3

Tres I have a road where I have seen all three kinds within a 5 min drive we have to hit that spot up

Lucky MF
Haha thanks. I've hunted birds my whole life and never had that happen anywhere else. Gambels and scalies all the time,but never mearnes in my normal stomping grounds

Tres I have a road where I have seen all three kinds within a 5 min drive we have to hit that spot up

Sounds like a great plan.

Lucky MF
Haha thanks. I've hunted birds my whole life and never had that happen anywhere else. Gambels and scalies all the time,but never mearnes in my normal stomping grounds

That's awesome. Hopefully that spot doesn't get much pressure so it keeps producing for you like last year.

Every day I see quail (mostly around town) sure hope the ones away from town are doing just as good

Ellie and I are both ready for this upcoming season. I need to hit the Sporting Clays a little bit before it begins though.

• Like 2

Always ready for bird hunting but too hot to put too much energy into thinking about. Wake me up from my summer hibernation in November.

• Like 1

Ellie and I are both ready for this upcoming season. I need to hit the Sporting Clays a little bit before it begins though.

I was going to get some in but didn't want to get my thrower out of storage and my kid didn't want to go. Long 4 day weekend this week so I will get out

The thing I miss most about living in Tucson is being able to be in good quail country in a few minutes and being able to go after all three some days. I need to find better quail hunting within easy reach of Flagstaff. Now that my daughter is hooked on wing shooting after her youth pheasant hunt last year, she's begging me to take her out bird hunting more! I can't afford a game ranch, so I need to find public land nearby with enough birds.

Picked up a pair of model 12's today one in 12ga and one in 16ga. Saw a ton of means down south last year. I say I'm going to make it down every year but this year I mean it.

• Like 1

I love model 12s especially the sweet 16s. low serial numbers? What style of fore end? Rib or no?

See you down south as well!

The 12 has a rib and the heavier flattened bottom pump with the 3" chamber. The 16 has the small round pump and no rib. Both full chokes. The 16 is a almost perfect match to the 20 I've been shooting since I was 10.

• Like 1

The 12 has a rib and the heavier flattened bottom pump with the 3" chamber. The 16 has the small round pump and no rib. Both full chokes. The 16 is a almost perfect match to the 20 I've been shooting since I was 10.

That's great, can you post up some pics when you have time?