coocoo4coues

Question on eye dominance

I am right handed, but left eye dominant, which makes it impossible for me to shoot with both eyes open. Are there any type of sights I can use to shoot with both eyes open? Any right handed / left eye dominant shooters out there (or vice-versa) ??

:blink:

Dude me too. Kinda sucks. I started out shooting right handed and using my left eye. I had a bow with a shorter draw length and I could get my head far enough over but i was real inconsistant. And my dad gave me his bow, a slight upgrade, and a longer draw length. So now i've trained myself to use my right eye. Weird I know, but my shooting has improved and i've shot a coues, an elk, and many a rabbit with that style. So...you can try that if you want. I do have both eyes open as I aim but the actuall aiming is done with the right eye. I use a medium sized peep sight and a regular bow sight.

I am that way. I only found out a few months ago in my daughter's hunter ed class, honestly, since I really did not know it never really bothered me. I can only shoot with my left eye closed and never thought about it until I found out that I had it.

Fred

Desertbull is right on. The proper fix would be to shoot left handed. I am Left handed and left eye Dominant. When I started my Daugther hunting I found out she was Left eye Dominant. She is right handed. I started her shooting Left handed and she picked it right up and shoots very well.

It is not that un-common of a thing to find. a good friend of mine was learning how to shoot and she couldnt hit the broad side of a barn. I had to tell her how to figure it out. she shoots her pistol with both eyes now. tough call on the bow shooin'!

Guys, I can barely scratch my butt with my left hand, much less draw a bow.

From the sound of it, if I keep shooting rh, I'll just have to practice more. Would a laser sight or those red dot (don't know what their called) sights make a difference? I've seen some that even look like a small scope.

I've only shot with pins up to now.

thx,

:P

Like mentioned earlier, and as time consuming as it will be, you really need to shoot LH.

It was natural for me. The first time I picked up a rifle, it went directly to my left eye.

Same with a bow. Even though I am 100% RH'ed, I could not even imagine trying to aim with my right eye.

I would probably get dizzy and fall over.

You'll never reach your true potential shooting RH'ed, IMO.

I shoot righty and am left eye dominant. I feel like I am able to shoot right handed but think it would be best to shoot lefty if possible. I feel like I have to work extra hard to made the cross dominance work for me. At times it can be frustrating but with alot of time and practice you can make it work for you. Just don't let anyone borrow your bow or shoot anyone elses you will be way off.

I assume most of you know how to figure out which is your dominant eye, right? -TONY

YA, If anyone has not checked they may want to. I'm right handed and right eye dominant and still can not shoot a bow with both eyes open.Just because you can not shoot your bow with both eyes open does not mean your other eye is more dominant.

I have the same problem.

Do yourself a favor and get a LH bow.

I agree 100%. I am the same way and taught myself to shoot LH.