Sign in to follow this  
NvrDrwn

New Member Introduction: Yuma, AZ

Hello Everyone,

First, a big thanks to all the forum members who have shared so much. I have found my way onto the forum as a lurker over the years but finally decided a couple of months ago to sign-up. I grew up hunting, fishing, and even trapped some as a kid. Moved away after high school and moved around way too much due to military/career commitments. Now in my 40's, I was finally able to move to Yuma and I am planning to stay here and raise the family.

This fall will be my forth hunting season as a resident. The first year, I purchased a left-over 12A Fall turkey tag and had a great time north of the river. That next spring I hunted HAM Javelina in a Region V unit. My second fall, I purchased a left-over coues tag down in a border unit and had a great hunt but wasn't able to connect.

My third year, I drew a 13B rifle hunt with 11 points. Very lucky to draw that tag with only 11 points. I guess all my luck was used up on the tag, because we never saw a buck that would have broke 180". Still, it was a great experience to be able to be on that hunt. The blessing in drawing that tag means, I don't need to play the points game for deer anymore. I'll be setting my sights on the more attainable tags and getting to hunt deer more than in the past.

I spend a good amount of time in the units around Yuma in Region IV. If anyone draws a sheep tag for these units, I would love to help scout or be an extra set of eyes on the hunt. It would be great to meet a few folks and spend some time in the field.

NvrDrwn

• Like 7

Welcome aboard did you draw any tags here for this year

Well thank you very much for your service Sr. I'm also in Yuma, welcome to the best hunting site there is.

Ernesto C.

Welcome! Good luck on this years hunts!

Thanks everyone. It looks like I was drawn for deer. I guess we will see which tag in about 10 days or so. My first ever coueswhitetail.com post was a reply to a Cabelas Visa thread. Their online statements aren't showing the AZ Game and Fish hits yet. I had to call and the nice lady told me the charge would be visible tomorrow.

Welcome Desert Guy. Glad You had a good hunt in 13b on Your own. Its all about the expeirience. Too many guys are wrapped up in Numbers and I was too ,But I'm over that. Enjoy Your hunts..................BOB!

Welcome aboard, join the conversation.